Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NetSurf 3.9 web browser released  (Read 9203 times)

Description:

Offline NovaCoder

Re: NetSurf 3.9 web browser released
« on: August 15, 2019, 12:41:33 AM »
I think it should be compiled for 040+FPU at a minimum because there is no point trying to get NetSurf running on anything less.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:10:38 AM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 02:06:41 AM »
I recently compiled NetSurf 3.9 on Linux and it was pretty bloody slow even on my PC so maybe the problem is that NetSurf has simply got too much for low powered machines?   

Unfortunately this tends to happen with large open source projects as more features are added it becomes harder to run ports on older machines, ScummVM is a good example of this (try running version 2.1 on an 030!).

I appreciate your AmigaOS porting efforts Chris  8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:08:53 AM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 01:38:16 AM »
NovaCoder: There are plenty of settings to tinker. Disabling java speeds up 68k version a lot (or at least it used to do) In preferenses image settings cache native versions all also speeds up. etc.

Could you consider to help Chris with this? This was really near to be usefull with real amigas. Practical hardware minium was 68040 with 32b ram. This site used to render about 20 seconds.

I'm not doing much in the way of Amiga coding these days and to be honest this is not my area of expertise so I doubt I'd be of much help anyway.
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!