Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NetSurf 3.9 web browser released  (Read 9168 times)

Description:

Offline Rotzloeffel

Re: NetSurf 3.9 web browser released
« on: July 26, 2019, 07:31:01 AM »
Works for me on an 68030 Amiga 1200.. but is slow as hell to a point it's unusable!

On these slow machines, I recommend to use a small Raspberry PI with SSLSTRIP installed. You are then able to use the PI as a Proxy-Server with port 10000 on your Amiga. The Raspberry will "decode" the SSL-encryption and you can use normal http:// instead of https:// with gives you much more higher Performance on the Amiga.

also usefull for faster machines :)
Save Planet Earth! It is the only one in the galaxy with fresh and cold beer :laughing:

Offline Rotzloeffel

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 12:16:54 PM »
I am trying the 68 k Version and it allways reminds me for having the guigfx.library installed. It is installed! What else du I need ? I can not see any specials in Snoopdos.

Thanks
Save Planet Earth! It is the only one in the galaxy with fresh and cold beer :laughing:

Offline Rotzloeffel

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:50:08 AM »
jos you have guigfx.library on libs? You would also need render.library
Are you sure that you have 68k version of guigfx library installed?

Yes, the render.library did the trick :) Thanks... The Errormessage allways said, that guigfx.library is missing.... but after installing render.library everthing is working.... but extreamly slow! 3.7 is 4 times faster....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 01:24:56 PM by Rotzloeffel »

Offline Rotzloeffel

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 08:38:35 AM »
four times was just a "Feeling". I Checked with Startpage of a1k.org ... in 3.7 it Needs 18 Seconds in 3.9 60,2.. so 4 times is not that much incorrect.... And on this page there is nothing Special....