Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NetSurf 3.9 web browser released  (Read 9209 times)

Description:

Offline redfox

• Show all replies
Re: NetSurf 3.9 web browser released
« on: July 23, 2019, 09:05:46 PM »
Saddly, this new version of NetSurf is very slow on AMIGA.org ... I get alot of busy pointer activity as the browser is trying to render.  Also have to shut off anti-aliasing when I am attempting to post.  Otherwise, characters disappear as I am typing along the line.

I will most likely go back to NetSurf 3.8 ...

---
redfox

Offline redfox

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 09:41:26 PM »
As I mentioned in my previous post, this version of NetSurf is very slow for me on AMIGA.org.
I get alot of busy pointer activity as the browser is trying to render the main list of posts as well as individual threads.

Just for comparison, I tried my other Amiga web browsers ...
AMIGA.org is very slow on Origyn Web Browser 3.31 (Pukapuka), AWEB APL 3.5.12 and IBrowse 2.4.

Better on NetSurf 3.8
Better on TimberWolf 4.0.1 (RC3).
Best on Odyssey Web Browser 1.23

---
redfox

Offline redfox

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 04:15:35 AM »
Update ...

It is actually the "progress pointer" (arrow with stopwatch) that I am seeing most of the time on AMIGA.org ...

This progress pointer shows up at the same points during download of info as a progress bar shows up when I am using another web browser.  The total time to download this particular forum thread is about the same as when I use much older web browsers.

Running NetSurf 3.9 on the public version of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1

System= MicroA1-C with IBM PowerPC 750 GX CPU and 256MB RAM

Progress pointer shows up in all forums on amiga.org, while info is downloading to the display.

My actual "busy pointer" (cloud with ZZ in it) also shows up while scrolling through a thread on the amiga.org forums.

The main www.amiga.org site where you select Forums, Developer, Wiki, Facebook, Store renders ok.

---
redfox

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 04:37:09 AM by redfox »

Offline redfox

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 05:50:03 AM »
Update ...

The following issues appear to be related to something on the AMIGA.org forum site:
- excessive appearances of "progress pointer" while info is coming down to my browser window.
- excessive appearances of "busy pointer" while scrolling up or down using mouse scroll wheel.
- slow jerky movement of the "hand pointer" as I move my mouse across the browser window.

I don't see any of these problems on Amigaworld.net forum site.

I didn't have time to check Amigans.net forum site.

Please note, I also see the progress bar alot using Origyn Web Browser on AMIGA.org forum site.

---
redfox

Offline redfox

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 04:14:00 AM »
Thanks Chris.

It was set for "none".  Now set to "scaled".  No longer experiencing excessive appearances of the "progress pointer".
Still get a few appearances of "busy pointer" as I scroll up and down the web browser window.

Very satisfied now with accessing Amiga.org forums.

Thanks,
redfox