Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trackdisk.device  (Read 422 times)

Description:

Offline scuzzb494Topic starter

Trackdisk.device
« on: October 01, 2017, 10:17:15 PM »
Hi

Managed to get one of my old 2.5" drives working tonight. The computer works fine except the Virus Checker that was on the drive is reporting this error. What would you do ?

The Systems Trackdisk.device BeginIO Vector Has been changed. Shall I restore it.

Just a bit troubled if I say yes the drives will vanish... well all the data that is.

guest11527

Re: Trackdisk.device
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:26:28 PM »
Quote from: scuzzb494;831196
Managed to get one of my old 2.5" drives working tonight. The computer works fine except the Virus Checker that was on the drive is reporting this error. What would you do ?
Probably nothing. There are two potential reasons: Reason #1 is that the virus checker expects that the BeginIO() vector points to a particular place in ROM, and this place might just have been changed since the virus checker was released. Reason #2 is that you probably use Os 3.9 and NSDPatch installs a patch into the BeginIO() vector of about any device, so the virus checker complains.

Offline scuzzb494Topic starter

Re: Trackdisk.device
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 11:23:42 PM »
Quote from: Thomas Richter;831197
Probably nothing. There are two potential reasons: Reason #1 is that the virus checker expects that the BeginIO() vector points to a particular place in ROM, and this place might just have been changed since the virus checker was released. Reason #2 is that you probably use Os 3.9 and NSDPatch installs a patch into the BeginIO() vector of about any device, so the virus checker complains.

Thanks for that. The drive predates the 3.1 ROM in the computer so I have simply disabled the virus checker. The computer is working fine and I could see all the drives. Just didn't want to muck up a setting and lose the drives and the data.