Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ami start  (Read 2372 times)

Description:

Offline goldfishTopic starter

• Show only replies by goldfish
Ami start
« on: May 26, 2017, 04:46:55 PM »
Hi all

Having a issue adding WHDLoad games to amistart menu.

I have found out WHDload games are different to normal game installs from the below text can somebody help me to be able to put WHDload games into Amistart menu.

Ok I have found the issue but don't know how to solve it. I don't have Deluxe Galaga installed by default in Amigasys setup so don't have anything to compare.

I need a magic Amiga guru to help me....

Below text found in another forum.

If you are in Icon mode and drag&drop such an icon to AmiStart, the game is added to the AmiStart menu.

However the games installed by WHDLoad don't contain the executable, just the .info file. While it still works if such an icon is doublecliked, the AmiStart interpret the things differently. It thinks you just want to replace the icon. This is because you actually drag&drop the icon file only. In this case create a new entry in AmiStart menu first: press and hold the right-mouse button and select New -> Command. Then configure the entry. Check how the Deluxe Galaga is configured in AmiStart. It's WHDLoad game too:

Title: Deluxe Galaga
Icon: SYS:Games/DeluxeGalaga/DeluxeGalaga
Application: SYS:Games/DeluxeGalaga/DeluxeGalaga

Offline paul1981

Re: Ami start
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 06:56:12 PM »
Which pre-installed OS are you using? AmigaSYS with UAE/3.9? I see Amistart on aminet, so you might want to go there, download it and read the docs. If you look at some of the other working menu entries, this should help you to see how it works. I'm not familiar with Amistart, but usually with menu launchers you can have them run programs as if you had doubke-clicked on them (WB mode), or as a CLI command. If you were to use the CLI mode then you'd want to use the command c:whdload to run your mygame.slave file where 'mygame.slave' would be the full path to your particular whdload.slave file (game).

c:whdload

Offline goldfishTopic starter

• Show only replies by goldfish
Re: Ami start
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 10:14:40 PM »
Thanks for info i will try again soon and let you know the result.