Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SFS v1.279 partition hanging on boot  (Read 383 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWBTopic starter

• Show only replies by LoadWB
SFS v1.279 partition hanging on boot
« on: January 24, 2017, 07:05:12 PM »
I have a 62GB SFS partition which was causing the system to crash at boot.  Disabling that device and booting then rebooting seems to have fixed the problem, if you accept just hanging on boot being fixed.  Possibly noteworthy is this happened after rebooting from 3.9BB2 installation.

What is the best way to figure out what has happened to this partition?  Is the hang perhaps SFS fixing itself?  It's not a big deal if I have to wipe the partition as it is a brand new installation.

Offline matt3k

Re: SFS v1.279 partition hanging on boot
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:08:14 PM »
You might need to set the device to wait or delay.  I had a similar problem and I told the acard to delay start, and it fixed the problem.

Hope that helps!

Did you ever get your device reading properly by hdtoolbox?  I'm in the same boat:)

Offline LoadWBTopic starter

• Show only replies by LoadWB
Re: SFS v1.279 partition hanging on boot
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 08:42:55 PM »
I did, actually.  I used Thor's hddreport to get the proper CHS values, punched them into HDToolbox from the Emergency Boot disk, and presto!  I now have a fully working 64GB IDE SSD.

I looked through this thread at EAB and tried the SCSI4345p patch.  After the first SetPatch reboot, however, I just get the 3.9 ROMs purple boot screen.  Going into the ESM shows no IDE drives.

I commented out the LoadModule (to load the patched scsi.device) and left SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATE "scsi.device" and now it boots up to Workbench, but the SFS partition shows "KDH1:Unintialized".*

Woo!

* This results in a scsi.device version 40.12 :eek:

EDIT: 'ang on... I just saw something in the 43.45 patch and may have used the wrong patch file.

EDIT, again: YUP!  I used the 4000T patch.  Used the correct patch and the system boots properly and my SFS partition is back in full operation.  Problem solved.  Thanks, again, to all.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:54:27 PM by LoadWB »