Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cursor 1.x  (Read 1574 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
Cursor 1.x
« on: August 07, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »
I still have a few hundred amiga magazines from the amiga's heyday. Often I'll flick through a few issues while in bed and retiring for the night as there's always something Ive previously missed or forgotten about. A few nights ago I stumbled across something I had no idea existed by the name of "Cursor", which is basically a compiler for Amiga Basic. Although I dont really use them beyond experimenting I have a bit of a fetish for crappy programming languages and/or software development tools.
While I do have a lot of the magazine cover disks, it seems Im missing this one.
Long story short, does anyone know where I might find a copy of Cursor 1.x? Unless Im mistaken it was issue 31 of Amiga Computing where I learned about this software, and it was included on the magazines coverdisk as freeware.

Thanks in advance.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Matt_H

Re: Cursor 1.x
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »
This seems to be the mag in question, but they don't have the disk either...

Offline Merc

• Show only replies by Merc
    • http://chebucto.ns.ca/~ah210/Profile.html
Re: Cursor 1.x
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 12:26:37 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;812250
This seems to be the mag in question, but they don't have the disk either...

I actually used to play with Cursor a bit.  It was pretty decent.  It was something like an AmigaBasic replacement and being compiled the code ran much faster.  I have an HD image somewhere with a copy installed but I think it might be corrupt.  I'll try to remember to check it out.