Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 3.1 source code leak - official statement  (Read 12935 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: AmigaOS 3.1 source code leak - official statement
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;801445
The costs involved in properly opensourcing the code are far too much for Cloanto to afford, it's never gonna happen.

what they could do, however, would be participating in a clean room reimplementation, or rather clean room consultation, because the reimplementation is already there.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 05:37:32 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;801448
True, but that would cost them too. The cost of potential community development work that might happen on the leaked code is probably far less.

maybe. im not sure.. nevertheless they participated in founding the aros kickstart replacement phase 1:
http://www.power2people.org/projects/kickstart-1/
however in phase2 they seem to have reconsidered ;)
to be honest, i dont know how this impacts on them, or anybody else for that matter, but i doubt its significant.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 09:59:51 AM »
Quote from: Gulliver;801489
And that PA-RISC with a 3D engine was the future (PPC was never even mentioned).

if thats true, it may finally silence everybody boldly claiming amiga was or was going to be ppc truly and officially.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 12:16:50 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;801517
Do we really care what Commodore intended to do as their slow development and limited investment killed the system?

commodore let it fade away, but third parties insistance on ppc was the final blow that actually killed away what was was left of it.;)

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 06:38:52 PM »
oh, thanks, good thing i have not even started to read this illegal material. ihas everybody else been caught in act?