Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Issuce creating hardfiles in WinUAE  (Read 363 times)

Description:

Offline marculosTopic starter

• Show only replies by marculos
Issuce creating hardfiles in WinUAE
« on: August 12, 2015, 12:45:18 PM »
I am setting up an environment in WinUAE which I will replicate on an Amiga 1200 I have just been given.

I have installed classic workbench and am trying to add two extra 1.5gb hard drive files to host WHDLOAD content.

I created two hardfiles of 1.5gb. When I format them using MyFormat 1.27 all looks ok but the size is limited it seems to 475mb for each hardfile image.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks

Offline vxm

• Show only replies by vxm
Re: Issuce creating hardfiles in WinUAE
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »
No Amiga here so from memory:
 Select SYS:Tools/hdtoolbox
 Icon Menu/Information
    scsi_device_name = uaehf.device
 run hdtoolbox
    Change drive type
        Read configuration
        OK
    OK
Partition drive
    Select the second partition
    Delete the second partition
    Resize the remaining partition
    OK
 Exit
 The system will reboot
 Select the icon "not dos"
 Icon Menu/Format Disk
     Quick format.
That should do the job.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Issuce creating hardfiles in WinUAE
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 09:27:02 PM »
What is "MyFormat" and why are you using that?  If using FFS, the tool built into the OS should work.  If setting your partitions to PFS file system, use the appropriate PFS-format tool.  I'd assume similar with SFS.  Long story short, I don't generally advocate using any weird tools when it comes to disk operations.  I think the hard files should show up transparently to the Amiga as hard disks, so HDToolbox and the built-in format command should get ya where ya need to go (assuming you're using something like 3.1 or preferably 3.9).  :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos