Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GVP Impact Vision 24 cables  (Read 1325 times)

Description:

Offline mbrantleyTopic starter

GVP Impact Vision 24 cables
« on: August 08, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »
While at the Amiga 30th anniversary event in Mountain View, Calif., recently, I purchased a GVP Impact Vision 24 in a box with floppy disks. The card and the external interface unit are there, but what is missing are the two cables that connect these things.

I am eager to try the Impact Vision with my A3000, but what to do about these missing cables? Does anyone have pinouts? Are these cables straight wired? Any information would be helpful.

Offline SACC-guy

Re: GVP Impact Vision 24 cables
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 09:34:43 PM »
Wow, lucky find. I don't have any info on the cables, sorry.

I've been looking for a complete (card, breakout box, cables, all the disks,manuals, etc)one for the 4k for years.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 06:12:49 AM »
Quote from: SACC-guy;793698
Wow, lucky find. I don't have any info on the cables, sorry.

I've been looking for a complete (card, breakout box, cables, all the disks,manuals, etc)one for the 4k for years.

Thanks for the feedback, and good luck on your hunt. I have a feeling the hunt for the pinouts might prove elusive for me. I have taken a chance and ordered a 2.5 foot 26-pin M/M straight-wired cable from Amazon, along with a short standard 15-pin VGA cable. Wonder if these will work or will I blow something up???

Got some days before these cable arrive to think about it.

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 07:55:39 AM »
FYI for anybody else needing a cable.... I ordered the following 26-pin m/m straight cable from Amazon. It arrived this week and appears to be exactly what I need between the GVP IV24 card and the video interface box.... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O072UYI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

The other cable I used is a normal VGA cable.

Now, anybody know where I can find a manual for this beastie? Looking all over for a PDF.