Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sad  (Read 8783 times)

Description:

Offline danbeaverTopic starter

Sad
« on: March 13, 2015, 07:03:57 AM »
Here is a theory: the people who complain about the X1000 price can't afford one, and rather than complaining about how they ended up in a dead end, low paying job due to a lack of a work ethic or not getting good grades in school, they whine over the cost of a computer.  It is obvious that they want to be able to own one, but can't make the money to afford one.

So rather than going for the "sour grapes" basis of existence and showing that their poor choices in life are their own fault, they should spend their time trying to make more of their pathetic little lives.

Sad
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 12:58:36 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;786285
It is a theory yes.  But does it hold up to absolute scrutiny. What if they are disabled, physically or mentally and can't get or hold a good job?  I would guess their position in that case is not one of poor choices.  An exception to the theory?

Interesting and valid point!  But if they are that disbled, they could get a job if they were not so angry, i.e., Pipe the f_uck down!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EldZB85l6bU

Remember, "Hire the handicapped, they are fun to watch."  -- bumper sticker

Re: Sad
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 02:46:18 AM »
The poster for our forum walls; a reminder of those gone missing (due to the ignore list).

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 05:56:30 PM »
Did someone on my ignore list complain about the "sour grapes" dangling in front of their bridge?

Well, I'm not sad, none of hobbies are near the cost of having children
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 09:57:40 PM »
I'm probably not the one to speak/type, buy my main A4000T has near 5 grand invested in it between the cost of the computer, CSPPC, Mediator, ZorRam, X-surf 100, Deneb, SSD's and the like.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 11:37:49 PM »
"This message is hidden because Lionheart is on your ignore list."

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 03:53:35 AM »
And still is.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 07:34:17 AM »
That's OK, they are on my "ignore list" for good reasons -- no one should ever listen to someone who lives under a bridge and flames on forums.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:48:40 AM by danbeaver »

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 09:03:39 PM »
A Bandit says, "“Badges? We ain’t got no badges! We don’t need no badges!  I don’t have to show you any stinking badges!”

A Trolls says, "AOS4? We ain’t got no AOS4! We don’t need no AOS4!"

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 06:42:54 AM »
I have consulted a transplant and GI surgeon about how certain people have been able to surgically invert their colon and become able to speak out of their ass; it is amazing how commonly this is done.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 06:49:52 AM »
Well it never hurts to be in support of something, even if you are mislabeled as an "optimist" with a cup containing half the amount of fluid it was designed to hold -- this is not a design flaw, but a feature of expanded capacity for the same relative cost.

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM »
A wolf in troll's clothing?

A troll? Who me?
I receive a lot of emails and PMs from Amiga well-wishers who view but prefer not to post in public on the Amiga community forums. I do remember my own situation, way back in 2004, when I first started posting on AmigaWorld.net and Amiga.org. It was a little intimidating at first, even for me, but it did not take long before I was sharing my Amiga passion with like minded individuals. Unfortunately all open community forums seem to attract a few posters who have no real interest in the forum they visit but take delight in causing disharmony and spreading FUD! You will be unsurprised to learn that this phenomena is not restricted to the Amiga community forums. A recent scientific study reported that "trolls are by far, more likely to have narcissistic, Machiavellian, psychopathic, and sadistic personality traits". The report also suggest that such people are "characterized by being vicious and degrading toward others, sometimes physically and in the most extreme cases are sex offenders and serial killers". Ooooeeerr! According to the research, it seems that letting certain people vent anonymously in public forums they are less likely to do something much more destructive in person. So next time you see a troll on an Amiga forum just ignore them and remember you are providing a greater public service.

From Trevor's blog

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 08:19:28 PM »
BTW,

Thank you for allowing me to expand my "ignore this troll" list.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:06:07 PM by danbeaver »

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 09:28:11 AM »
In general, I agree, but when these folks set out to anger-up others, I would just rather ignore them rather than lower myself to their level.  While they may have valuable insight into something, there are 10 non-angry folks not trolling the forums and flaming their crap.  These 10 normal people will provide more information as I will read what they say and not turn away to bump up my ignore list.

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »
Ignore list updated.