Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sad  (Read 8684 times)

Description:

Offline danbeaverTopic starter

Sad
« on: March 13, 2015, 07:03:57 AM »
Here is a theory: the people who complain about the X1000 price can't afford one, and rather than complaining about how they ended up in a dead end, low paying job due to a lack of a work ethic or not getting good grades in school, they whine over the cost of a computer.  It is obvious that they want to be able to own one, but can't make the money to afford one.

So rather than going for the "sour grapes" basis of existence and showing that their poor choices in life are their own fault, they should spend their time trying to make more of their pathetic little lives.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
Re: Sad
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 11:38:47 AM »
Quote from: danbeaver;786281
Here is a theory: the people who complain about the X1000 price can't afford one, and rather than complaining about how they ended up in a dead end, low paying job due to a lack of a work ethic or not getting good grades in school, they whine over the cost of a computer.  It is obvious that they want to be able to own one, but can't make the money to afford one.

So rather than going for the "sour grapes" basis of existence and showing that their poor choices in life are their own fault, they should spend their time trying to make more of their pathetic little lives.

It is a theory yes.  But does it hold up to absolute scrutiny. What if they are disabled, physically or mentally and can't get or hold a good job?  I would guess their position in that case is not one of poor choices.  An exception to the theory?

Sad
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 12:58:36 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;786285
It is a theory yes.  But does it hold up to absolute scrutiny. What if they are disabled, physically or mentally and can't get or hold a good job?  I would guess their position in that case is not one of poor choices.  An exception to the theory?

Interesting and valid point!  But if they are that disbled, they could get a job if they were not so angry, i.e., Pipe the f_uck down!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EldZB85l6bU

Remember, "Hire the handicapped, they are fun to watch."  -- bumper sticker

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 02:46:18 AM »
The poster for our forum walls; a reminder of those gone missing (due to the ignore list).

Offline Lionheart

• Show only replies by Lionheart
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 04:23:05 PM »
Quote from: danbeaver;786281

Speaking of poor choices, who in their right mind with $3,000 would make it a priority to spend it on a computer with an out of production processor with a dead end future road map, 10+ year old technology, and a 32-bit operating system running on a 64-bit processor that can't even support the second core?  

Call me lazy, but the last thing I want is a $3,000 paperweight.  And you might want to lay off on insulting people who don't make a lot of money at what they do.  After all, once Hyperion stops updating OS4 the only upgrade path you'll have is Linux.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 05:56:30 PM »
Did someone on my ignore list complain about the "sour grapes" dangling in front of their bridge?

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 09:51:27 PM »
Quote from: danbeaver;786359
Did someone on my ignore list complain about the "sour grapes" dangling in front of their bridge?

There are probably a few classic hobbyists on AOrg that have spent 3,000, or close to it on their classic Amigas. Especially the high end machines. 3k on a hobby is not unheard of.  Separately I'm not exactly sure what upgrade path means.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:53:56 PM by gertsy »

Well, I'm not sad, none of hobbies are near the cost of having children
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 09:57:40 PM »
I'm probably not the one to speak/type, buy my main A4000T has near 5 grand invested in it between the cost of the computer, CSPPC, Mediator, ZorRam, X-surf 100, Deneb, SSD's and the like.

Offline Lionheart

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
Quote from: danbeaver;786359

"Sour grapes"?  Keep telling yourself that.  If I spent $3,000 on a 10+ year old Power Mac I wouldn't want to admit it was a dumb idea either.

Quote from: gertsy;786363
There are probably a few classic hobbyists on AOrg that have spent 3,000, or close to it on their classic Amigas. Especially the high end machines. 3k on a hobby is not unheard of.  Separately I'm not exactly sure what upgrade path means.

Spending that much money on a classic Amiga is one thing, spending it on a relabeled Power Mac is another.  And when I say upgrade path, I mean that in order to fully take advantage of it and at least keep it up to date that you're going to be stuck with Linux.  Otherwise you're going to be stuck running nothing but a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit system with a dual core processor the OS doesn't even support.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 11:37:49 PM »
"This message is hidden because Lionheart is on your ignore list."

Offline Lionheart

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 11:51:05 PM »
Quote from: danbeaver;786371
"This message is hidden because Lionheart is on your ignore list."

Because...

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 03:53:35 AM »
And still is.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 06:35:38 AM »
I'll translate.  Lionheart more or less said you've got a great system there and you're as handsome as Jack Nicholson. I think. Then Franko chimed in and said it's all bollocks, and posted a picture of a Gannett.
As far as I can tell.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 07:34:17 AM »
That's OK, they are on my "ignore list" for good reasons -- no one should ever listen to someone who lives under a bridge and flames on forums.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:48:40 AM by danbeaver »

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 09:03:39 PM »
A Bandit says, "“Badges? We ain’t got no badges! We don’t need no badges!  I don’t have to show you any stinking badges!”

A Trolls says, "AOS4? We ain’t got no AOS4! We don’t need no AOS4!"