Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Assorted questions  (Read 2168 times)

Description:

Offline GreyspiritTopic starter

• Show only replies by Greyspirit
Assorted questions
« on: July 12, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
quick background before my actual questions.
I've recently resurrected my Virtual Amiga since my wife threw away my A1200 ( she thought it was a spare keyboard). I was going to resurrect my CNet BBS 3.05, which actually is fully operational but not open at present, but I found it too limiting. Especially on outbound telnet/rlogin capability.
So, I'm thinking instead of a project similar to GameSrv on Win/*Nix. I haven't done any programming on Amiga in almost 15 years and not in C. used to do some arexx, ABasic, and such but since then mainly vb/batch scripts and VB/VB.net/c# on windows as needed for network administration uses.

so some questions are

1. Recommended programming environment  C/C++?
     a. DL location, additional items to support it?

2. Is C# available for 3.x OS?

3. Location of any source code that shows good example of inbound serial/telnet connection handling using serial.device and telnetd/telser on Amiga platform.  I know I can do it in .Net in < 100 lines and be multi-threaded and all that.

4. Is there a lists of various Amiga BBS's MCI codes ( mainly CNet)?

5. Is it possible to have more than one Arexx port open in a program? If so, is there example code?

6. MobbyG - I your post about Python CNet clone. Did you find any of this information or anything else useful? I don't know Python so I can't help on that much.

Offline DavidF215

• Show only replies by DavidF215
    • Cross Timbers Haven
Re: Assorted questions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:25:05 PM »
Quote from: Greyspirit;768804
quick background before my actual questions.
I've recently resurrected my Virtual Amiga since my wife threw away my A1200 ( she thought it was a spare keyboard). I was going to resurrect my CNet BBS 3.05, which actually is fully operational but not open at present, but I found it too limiting. Especially on outbound telnet/rlogin capability.

That's a bummer!

so some questions are

1. Recommended programming environment  C/C++?
     a. DL location, additional items to support it?

Try AmiDevCPP: http://amidevcpp.amiga-world.de/index.php?HR_LANG=english

2. Is C# available for 3.x OS?

Don't think it is.

3. Location of any source code that shows good example of inbound serial/telnet connection handling using serial.device and telnetd/telser on Amiga platform.  I know I can do it in .Net in < 100 lines and be multi-threaded and all that.

4. Is there a lists of various Amiga BBS's MCI codes ( mainly CNet)?

5. Is it possible to have more than one Arexx port open in a program? If so, is there example code?

Not sure on these questions.
AmigaOS enthusiast since 1993.