Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: couple questions  (Read 2532 times)

Description:

Offline AAACHIPSETTopic starter

• Show only replies by AAACHIPSET
couple questions
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:46:35 AM »
never used a mac  ...downloaded the  trial vers  of  morphos  ..how  do i burn it on a cd  as a iso ..also  would  like to play  with this  os ..esp if its as amiga  like as it seems ..would  prefer to buy a decent powered  laptop rather than a desktop type ppc  ..read a few articles  here  but still a little confused  ..what models  are people using  ..normally  use  nero  to burn  anything..
thanks  ..total  newbie  to morphos
A500 3.1/8meg/2gigscsi ...wants a 040
CD32/SX1/FMV/FLASHDRIVE/  wants sx32pro
A1200  os3.5 030/50/fpu/mmu/2flashdrives/cd/   indivision coming ..............wants a ppc/060  ACCEL :laughing:

Offline Matt_H

Re: couple questions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:06:45 AM »
Nero should have a "burn disc image" option. Use that and select the .iso file.

As to compatibility, see this page. There's currently no wireless Ethernet support. Version 3.2 (no word on when that will be released) will supposedly also support the last iBook models.

MorphOS is Amiga in everything except name. I think you'll like it.

Offline pVC

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:37:04 AM »
And after you've burned the CD, insert it into Mac, reboot and press C key from keyboard to get it booted from the CD. Alternatively you can press ALT key to get into boot menu and use arrow keys there to select the CD and press enter to boot from it.

After it you can use it as Live-CD or install the OS to HD.

For more info about MorphOS read MorphOS.readme, MorphOS Team's web page and http://www.morphzone.org/library/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:39:41 AM by pVC »
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline AAACHIPSETTopic starter

• Show only replies by AAACHIPSET
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:17:28 AM »
thanks  have  burnt  the iso  disc on cd ..now  just lookin  on ebay  see what avail ..
many different  apple laptops...i guess only a g4 ..ill need to investigate to see if any i like are  compatible..
A500 3.1/8meg/2gigscsi ...wants a 040
CD32/SX1/FMV/FLASHDRIVE/  wants sx32pro
A1200  os3.5 030/50/fpu/mmu/2flashdrives/cd/   indivision coming ..............wants a ppc/060  ACCEL :laughing:

Offline Rob

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 01:20:05 PM »
It needs to have ATI video onboard since there are no Nvidia drivers for MorphOS.  I don't know if there are any more specific needs.