Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I received mac mini and installed MorphOS  (Read 11112 times)

Description:

Offline Dragster

• Show all replies
Re: I received mac mini and installed MorphOS
« on: April 15, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;688569
I have just one thing to say, i received the mac mini and did a fresh installation of MorphOS and one thing I have to say about this OS is this:

:knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel:

I LOVE IT! I love the sexy blue look, the feel, the speed, performance, the simplicity and the fact it have My MorphOS like My Computer in Windows XP and above.

I finally was able to watch a movie on an Amiga and I have to say this, I treat MorphOS as a real Amiga as I would treat my Amiga 1200. And I believe MorphOS is as real of an Amiga as AmigaOS 4.1 is an AmigaOS. I love the operating system and I personally feel it is a serious OS not just a toy.  

The only downside I have with it is that there is no laptop version of MorphOS and it is restricted to Mac Mini G4 PPC. Now if the intention is never to migrate it to x86 I am not going to complain all I ask is that migrate it to PPC G5, where a 550 dollars worth of the old Macintosh desktop G5 with duo-co processor and can have 16 Gb of RAM and it is a desktop PC where I can upgrade it with expansions instead of the restrictions of Mac Mini G4.

But personally I want it for the laptop, at the end of the month I am going to register MorphOS and become a long term MorphOS user.

Welcome aboard. MorphOS is great and it's about to get even better when MorphOS 3.0 is released. I have a Powerbook G4 1139 desperately waiting for it :D

Cheers,
Dragster.
Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2