Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I received mac mini and installed MorphOS  (Read 11119 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRuleTopic starter

• Show all replies
I received mac mini and installed MorphOS
« on: April 15, 2012, 07:48:44 AM »
I have just one thing to say, i received the mac mini and did a fresh installation of MorphOS and one thing I have to say about this OS is this:

:knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel::knuddel:

I LOVE IT! I love the sexy blue look, the feel, the speed, performance, the simplicity and the fact it have My MorphOS like My Computer in Windows XP and above.

I finally was able to watch a movie on an Amiga and I have to say this, I treat MorphOS as a real Amiga as I would treat my Amiga 1200. And I believe MorphOS is as real of an Amiga as AmigaOS 4.1 is an AmigaOS. I love the operating system and I personally feel it is a serious OS not just a toy.  

The only downside I have with it is that there is no laptop version of MorphOS and it is restricted to Mac Mini G4 PPC. Now if the intention is never to migrate it to x86 I am not going to complain all I ask is that migrate it to PPC G5, where a 550 dollars worth of the old Macintosh desktop G5 with duo-co processor and can have 16 Gb of RAM and it is a desktop PC where I can upgrade it with expansions instead of the restrictions of Mac Mini G4.

But personally I want it for the laptop, at the end of the month I am going to register MorphOS and become a long term MorphOS user.

Offline AmigaClassicRuleTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: I received mac mini and installed MorphOS
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:51:43 PM »
Quote from: Dragster;688606
Welcome aboard. MorphOS is great and it's about to get even better when MorphOS 3.0 is released. I have a Powerbook G4 1139 desperately waiting for it :D

Cheers,
Dragster.

I want to thank you all for your welcome response :D I am so excited to hear that will be a laptop port of MorphOS I believe in the laptop version is where I would REALLY love using it. I can take my laptop around, listen to MP3, watch videos, chat live, checking email and all of this would give me great pleasure doing it through MorphOS more than any other OS. And who knows perhaps when I am sitting on the buss and someone looks at my shoulder and see MorphOS and they find this sexy system they start asking what it is and perhaps they will download the trail version and who knows my become another MorphOS user.

My biggest dream or looking forward that MorphOS becomes as big as Mac OS X and have as much as software library as MacOS X with all the essential programs and games....then I can easily say the alternative to Windows is MorphOS and not Linux or Mac.