Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: :Phase 5 Blizzard PPC Card,240mhz + 060 50 + scsi lead.and blizzard vision Gfx card and cable.256mb  (Read 4750 times)

Description:

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
Re: :Phase 5 Blizzard PPC Card,240mhz + 060 50 + scsi lead.and blizzard vision Gfx c
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 14, 2004, 10:20:52 PM »
Something has just struck me. What if it is all a misunderstanding? Maybe he was waiting on offers from many people, and Dragster and x56h34 paid up, and he has been away, or something tragic has happened, and he hasn't  had the chance to reply and sort things out?
Obviously I'm not trying to defend the guy, but many people have been quick to condemn without knowing the facts....
Do you see where I'm coming from?

Regards
I like Amigas

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
Dragster has payed 3 days ago and hasn't received a reply from this guy. I've paid 6 days ago and the guy/girl replied on late Monday saying that the item would be shipped on Tuesday.

Offline Dragster

• Show only replies by Dragster
@Lempkee

Thanks mate. We don't have the real address of this guy, maybe paypal does. We only have his/her paypal information as xf said before and that's all we know. We don't really know if he's in the UK or any other place. Paypal takes sometime to investigate (30 days), until then we don't know anything... I'd like to believe he's unable to reply emails or whatever, but the fact is that he got money from 2 different persons for the same board, nothing justifies that and it's as simple as he committed fraud! xf told me he emailed yesterday... I've emailing the guy since monday and no reply yet.  So.. he must have seenmy emails and has not bothered to reply... sadly you can register onpaypal with any email account, even hotmail's... :-(

Regards,

Dragster
Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2

Offline x56h34

When you are dealing with an item this expensive, as a seller you absolutely MUST be on time with replies and everything. I've received prompt replies just until I payed. Afterwards only 1 more e-mail and that was 3 days after my payment. I am 99% sure that this is a fraud.

Offline Dragster

This is an actual email from him:

hi there,
you were right cant do ups on saturdays,will have to be monday/tuesday.
will have to go to another post office to do this as my post office doesnt
do ups,so ill have to drive to a bigger post office in town,and sort it
there.
ill keep you posted,sorry for the delay.
thanks
graham!

and last monday he replied this:

hi mate,
tuesday lunchtime ,didnt get time got out of work late,and stuck in traffic.
dont panic it will be sorted mate,ill let you know when posted and with ups
tracking.
thanks
graham.

>From: "Rangel, Daniel"
>To: graham williams
>Subject: RE: Regarding Your AmiBench Advert
>Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:50:09 -0600
>
>
>   Hi Graham... are you there???
>
>   What's going on?
>
>   Please let me know.
>
>   I'm waiting for the shipping information and you do not reply my
>emails... man, I don't want to start a complain on amibench.
>
>   Thanks
>
>Daniel
>

i sent money on Jan 8th. I have no email from him since last monday evening.

:-(

D.
Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2

Offline Dragster

Hi:

I got information from Mark from amibench  of the original advert from this guy.. it includes an IP address.. could anyone help to trace him with this?
Or at least try to identify the ISP?

Any ideas??

Thanks

Dragster

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
yucky...

oki i agree with cyberus on this one to some point, but why would he accept the amount 2 times in a row??, paypal doesnt auto GET big payments and the person who get the money has to go and recive it manually (on the website and the move it either to her/his account and then forward it)..

all in all it might just be a mistake by the seller and i wish that this is the case but i have a very bad feeling about this so please understand my "hasty conclusions" ..

anyway good luck on this guys , and to trace an ip , use NETINFO for this..

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
So last contact was 8 Jan? I'd give it more time before grabbing the torches. Although a double buyer on the same object reeks (sp?) indeed.

Offline x56h34

PayPal requires you to submit your complain within 30 days of purchase in order to try and get the money back. After 30 days if you don't complain by then, it's bye bye money. The longer we wait the less likely it is to get the funds back. We did the right thing. Even if there was a mistake on seller's part, this is simply inexcusable to accept both of our payments.

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
I like Amigas

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
I also put a "bid" for this. It's just as well he didn't bother emailing me back! :-) Seriously, unlucky if people got ripped off like this, it gets very annoying. It's happened to me before. I would never blame Amibench though.
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD