Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Toaster 2000 software available?  (Read 1790 times)

Description:

Offline SACC-guy

Re: Toaster 2000 software available?
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 27, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
IMHO, every card should be sold with all disks, manuals and extras that came in the box!

Offline Ancalimon

• Show only replies by Ancalimon
    • http://www.myspace.com/orhunmusic
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 11:35:01 PM »
Quote from: SACC-guy;669286
IMHO, every card should be sold with all disks, manuals and extras that came in the box!

These cards are old (considered industrial waste by some). Usually the software is either lost or broken.

Some people are selling Toaster Flyer TBC combinations today and ask huge amount of money for them.

I was just curious to use one for fun and decided to buy these very cheap. (Despite being in Turkey) and the person who sells them does not have any software for them. Should I just not buy it? It's possible that I might not find one of these in the near future.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:38:44 PM by Ancalimon »
A4000T, 604e@400&060@66, 128MB+16MB+Zorram256, CVisionPPC, VLabMotion, Toccata, XSurf100&RapidRoad, Prisma Megamix

A1200, Blizzard060@50, 256MB, Blizzard IV SCSI, FastATA mk4

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 11:46:55 PM »
When toaster was new...every box came with floppies up to 45 with the toaster4000.
It wasn't until the sofware suite was at 4.0 did it start coming on cd's.

As no amigas ever sold with cd installed, it was an add-on.
some of The floppies for the upgraded toaster 4000 were hi-density disks.
So, anyone who had a cd... bought it from newtek and wanted to recoup money as they sent 000's on new toaster/flyer systems.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 02:36:07 AM »
Quote from: FaLLeNOnE;669289
These cards are old (considered industrial waste by some). Usually the software is either lost or broken.

Some people are selling Toaster Flyer TBC combinations today and ask huge amount of money for them.

I was just curious to use one for fun and decided to buy these very cheap. (Despite being in Turkey) and the person who sells them does not have any software for them. Should I just not buy it? It's possible that I might not find one of these in the near future.

If you haven't bought it yet, find another seller who has the software with the boards.

As for NewTek not replying to your emails, you might have to wait several days.  It is a holiday weekend here and many people in the USA have not worked for the last 4, or 5 days, but should be back at their offices on Monday.  Also, Amiga support is low on their priority list, so you may have to wait for some additional days before a response is sent to you.

It was not that long ago that NewTek was still repairing Amiga Video Toaster/Flyer boards and still selling the 4.3 CD & floppy disk.  I think that they might still be providing the same Amiga support, as I have not heard from anyone that they have stopped their repairs, or selling the software.  Version 4.3 has no new software than the 4.2 CD had on it, but I believe the 4.3 CD and floppy disk allow you to install both version 4.x and 3.x at the same time and switch back and forth between which versions you wish to use.

I disagree with your statement that these cards are considered industrial waste and that most people that owned them have lost the software, or that it is broken.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:39:24 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Ancalimon

• Show only replies by Ancalimon
    • http://www.myspace.com/orhunmusic
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 02:47:01 AM »
@amigadave

I have seen two local tv channels dump perfect Amiga4000s to trash. (Wll I haven't seen it but I've been told so)
A4000T, 604e@400&060@66, 128MB+16MB+Zorram256, CVisionPPC, VLabMotion, Toccata, XSurf100&RapidRoad, Prisma Megamix

A1200, Blizzard060@50, 256MB, Blizzard IV SCSI, FastATA mk4