Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: remote toaster use?  (Read 1144 times)

Description:

Offline StewTopic starter

• Show only replies by Stew
remote toaster use?
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »
I have a telescope that is operated by pc via ethernet. The images are captured by video camera. We broadcast on Night Skies Network. My question is can my 4000 toaster/flyer be controlled via ethernet to switch cameras for live broadcast?

thanks

Offline Matt_H

Re: remote toaster use?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:02:33 PM »
It's complicated, but I think you could do it with Envoy and ARexx. There's an Envoy service that exposes an ARexx port to the network (see Aminet), so you could conceivably send Toaster commands through that. There's no security, though, apart from security through obscurity.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 11:18:06 PM »
TRexx Professional and ShowMaker are two programs which let you control Videotoasters remotely under AmigaOS.
I still have the ShowMaker manual somewhere here at home, its files are available from those popular TOSEC torrents. If you need some help with it, just ask.
I nearly forget, for Scala IC400 and up there is an Ex module that allows you to control Videotoasters. I still have both the program and the additional Ex module which should allow some kind of Toaster networking thru InfochannelĀ“s Scalanet. I never used the Toaster EX module, but I still remember how to use Infochannel 400/500 pretty well.

Good luck with any route you follow :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:23:19 PM by Gulliver »

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 01:27:31 AM »
I might be wrong but does the AmiLink product do that?
You would have to convert/translate V-Lan to Ethernet.
(Is there such a thing? I would think so.)

AmiLink Info Here.......
http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/amilink

I have the board, dongle & AmiLink copy protection key. However, I don't have the software. I also have a couple master controlers for video decks.
I've never used the boards so not sure how it works.
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline StewTopic starter

• Show only replies by Stew
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 05:56:32 AM »
I have a toaster/flyer with network card. I also have showmaker. The use I have in mind is for live broadcast on Night Skies Network. One video image would be broadcast while a second or even third is being integrated by the camera. After integration the image would be adjusted for brightness, saturation, contrast etc.. and then switched to the live feed. One image may be a different object on a different scope or a different scope on the same mount with a different field of view. The video feed out would have to be fed to a pc as flash is required for broadcasting on nightskiesnetwork.com. The broadcast is done remotely over wireless ethernet at the present. Is there wireless ethernet available for the amiga?

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 02:11:41 PM »
Quote from: Stew;664035
Is there wireless ethernet available for the amiga?

No, but you can fake it by plugging a wired card into a wireless bridge.