Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your mobile has remote desktop  (Read 3819 times)

Description:

Offline ElPolloDiablTopic starter

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
Your mobile has remote desktop
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:02:20 PM »
While I was on the landline phone getting my mobile reconnected (I was late with the bill) I noticed when I pressed a button on the mobile, my mobile beeped and I could here a beep coming from the customer service persons computer on the landline. They must have full remote access to your phone. Which makes me wonder how safe they are against hacking?

Don't put any private stuff on your phone and avoid any embarrassing photos.
:(
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
Re: Your mobile has remote desktop
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:23:04 PM »
What model and which network?
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 01:29:07 PM »
One of the many reasons why I wouldn't own a mobile phone... :(

Think about it, whether it's a mobile or the net everything you say and do (and even where you are) is all stored digitally somewhere. How do you think MI5 etc... have all the details to foil certain terrorist attacks...

They wont admit to it publicly of course but all you say and do on a mobile or the net, can be easily heard or read by any government secret service dept. and also (not legally but they do it anyway) by the companies that sell you your mobile or internet line package, the companies mostly only use it for targeting advertising at you but it can be used for other things too...

I'm not being paranoid or anything it's just a fact in this day of digital communication, that's why I'd never put anything on the net that I didn't want someone to know about (even in an email) but even more so when it comes to mobile phones, heck you can easily find bugging & tracking devices on the net to let you snoop on anyones mobile phone...

Anyone who uses these devices and thinks that they're "private" and their info is safe from prying eyes is just kidding themselves, they're fine if  you got nothing to hide but don't plan a bank robbery or cheat on the wife with them as one day it'll come back to haunt you... ;)

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:23:15 PM »
I put VNC on my iPhone so I can control it from my computer, it also work the other way, I can control my computers from the phone.  It;s all one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Khephren

• Show only replies by Khephren
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »
Quote from: ElPolloDiabl;622793
While I was on the landline phone getting my mobile reconnected (I was late with the bill) I noticed when I pressed a button on the mobile, my mobile beeped and I could here a beep coming from the customer service persons computer on the landline. They must have full remote access to your phone. Which makes me wonder how safe they are against hacking?

Nasty. If you have a smart phone  should be easy enough to find and disable. I stuck a custom firmware on my N900, that'll sort those buggers out!

Offline Dandy

• Show only replies by Dandy
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »

They must have full remote access to your phone.

I highly doubt that.
I only switch my phone on when I have to make a call - and that happens roughly once in two months time. The rest of the time it is switched off and highly I doubt anyone can access it then. I love my privacy.

Don't put any private stuff on your phone and avoid any embarrassing photos.

I cannot and do not want to put anything on my mobile phone - mine is a Nokia 1110i - just for phone calls and SMS - no music, no photos, no internet, nothing...
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)

Offline Dandy

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 11:53:21 AM »
Quote from: Franko;622802

One of the many reasons why I wouldn't own a mobile phone... :(
Anyone who uses these devices and thinks that they're "private" and their info is safe from prying eyes is just kidding themselves, they're fine if  you ... don't plan a bank robbery or cheat on the wife with them ... ;)

You bad boy! ;-)
So either you're planning a bank robbery or you're planning to cheat your wife, as you refuse to own a mobile phonie?
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)

Offline Franko

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 01:58:57 PM »
Quote from: Dandy;623717
You bad boy! ;-)
So either you're planning a bank robbery or you're planning to cheat your wife, as you refuse to own a mobile phonie?

Nah... got rid of the wife years ago (they still haven't found her body... ;)) and gave up robbing bank when they introduced the pound coin, making a getaway with a 100 grand worth of them damged me back and so I sued the bank and retired... :D

PS:I don't use a mobile phone cos I don't want me plans of hijacking a hang glider and crashing it into the local council tax office getting out... ;)

Offline Dandy

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 07:24:40 AM »
Quote from: Franko;623733

Nah... got rid of the wife years ago (they still haven't found her body... ;)) and gave up robbing bank when they introduced the pound coin, making a getaway with a 100 grand worth of them damged me back and so I sued the bank and retired... :D

PS:I don't use a mobile phone cos I don't want me plans of hijacking a hang glider and crashing it into the local council tax office getting out... ;)

Franko,

Sorry for going off topic - but where do you pick those smileys from?
In the old forum layout there was a pile of smileys to pick from that could be used inside the postings - now they're gone.
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »
He probably clicks the [More] under smilies....

:eek:

Quote from: Dandy;624499
Franko,

Sorry for going off topic - but where do you pick those smileys from?
In the old forum layout there was a pile of smileys to pick from that could be used inside the postings - now they're gone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Dandy

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
Quote from: persia;624519

He probably clicks the [More] under smilies....

:eek:

Hmmmmmm - maybe my eyes are aging - but where is this "[More] under smilies"?
All I have below the window where I type my replies in is a small box titled "Post Icons" and contains 14 icons to choose from. But those are not displayed inside the posting, but rather in front of the header of the posting...

So I'm still clueless when it comes to the usage of smileys inside my postings...
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

Offline Franko

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 05:50:38 PM »
Quote from: Dandy;624798
Hmmmmmm - maybe my eyes are aging - but where is this "[More] under smilies"?
All I have below the window where I type my replies in is a small box titled "Post Icons" and contains 14 icons to choose from. But those are not displayed inside the posting, but rather in front of the header of the posting...

So I'm still clueless when it comes to the usage of smileys inside my postings...

These pics should show you how access all the extra smilies... ;)

When you click on the [More] button/link a window should open up in the top left of your screen like this... :)

Hope this helps... :D

Offline Dandy

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 12:42:23 AM »
Quote from: Franko;624835
These pics should show you how access all the extra smilies... ;)

When you click on the [More] button/link a window should open up in the top left of your screen like this... :)

Hope this helps... :D

Hmmmmmm - if I reply at http://www.amiga.org/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=624835, there is no window at the right side of the message box with "More" to click on - instead there is a "Post Icon" box below - but those icons are shown in front of the posting header - not inside the posting.

Really strange...

(I would post a screenshot, if I could upload it - but appearently I just can link pictures from the web - and t.b.h. I'm too lazy to look for a place on the web to put then there - I'm too tired and will go to bed now - its nearly 02:00 in the morning)
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me