Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Speedball 2 Evolution arrives February 24th  (Read 5490 times)

Description:

Offline Mr_DBUG

• Show only replies by Mr_DBUG
Re: Speedball 2 Evolution arrives February 24th
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 28, 2011, 04:40:35 AM »
Quote from: Gryfon;618268
My all-time favourite version was the CD32 version; just because it had a background red-book CD soundtrack for the crowd.  Just loved playing SpeedBall 2, whether it was as a player or managing a team all the way to the top, which I only managed twice IIRC.

Couldn't resist...bought the iOS version.  The control is not 100% as good as an actual digital controller, like in the old days, but it's a very faithful version of the original.

Surprised Jon Hare (Tower Studios) has gone for remaking a Bitmap Bros game...could that mean Codemasters own the rights to the old Sensible Software catalogue?  Would love to see an iOS version of Mega-Lo-Mania.

MegaLoMania was purely awesome !! One of the best arcade-strategy games ever.. I got to the next to last level ..

Offline skipp604Topic starter

• Show only replies by skipp604
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 10:46:48 AM »
@motorollin:

Thanks for the hint about iControlPad. I will definitely pass this idea to our CTO, it's an excellent idea to support this controller in a classic remake like this one.

Offline hbarcellos

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 05:04:16 PM »
The conversion is amazing, but John Hare said that vivid just "checked" the original code and rebuild everything from scratch.
Still amazes me the fact that Bitmap Brothers was never sold to any giant game company, just like Psygnosis/Sony deal.
Anyway, can we expect more Bitmap Brother game conversions to the iPhone? GODS, Magic Pockets and etc...

Best Regards,
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline hbarcellos

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 08:51:57 PM »
All players from my team now have 5 star skills.
I won every single match, including champions leagues in between long championships.
I have over $17k and nothing else to buy.
What's next?

Can't you guys add some special robots to buy? Some $100.000 robot 6 star players or something.
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)