Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Entitled customers  (Read 2541 times)

Description:

Offline runequesterTopic starter

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Entitled customers
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
Dealing with cell phone customer service, I am frequently reminded that people have a tendency to be entitled tit mice.
Worse, while it is fashionable to attribute this to younger people, I actually find the reverse to be the case, more often than not.

A few that spring to mind, and a few pieces of advice, should you suffer from this particular entitlement issue :)

Breaking your phone and expecting to get a new one for free.
99% of the time, the carrier doesn't manufacture the phone. Pay for insurance, pay to get it fixed, or contact the manufacturer for warranty issues. Nobody expects a free car if it breaks

Pissing about the fact that new customers get a discount.
Nobody complains about this when they are a new customer themselves.

Expecting absurd amounts of credit for nothing
As it turns out, if you pay 40 dollars a month, losing your voicemail for 2 days isn't worth 50 dollars of "inconvenience"

"I didnt use my phone that much!"
By the time, its on your bill, that means we show an outgoing call, and the other carrier shows a call coming in. Stop lying and take some responsibility

Wanting a person who cannot fix their problem to fix it, while bitching about how long they've been on the phone
Nobody takes their car to the library to get it fixed

Wanting something that cannot be done, or is completely absurd, while bitching about how many people have been "unable to help them"
If it can't be done, then it can't be done. Claiming that everything is possible with computers just reveals you as a retard

Insisting that something that cannot be done was done for you before, even though there's absolutely nothing in the system to support this
Lying is supposedly a sin. Burn in hell

Threatening agents to give them a poor score on a satisfaction survey, if you don't get 25 dollars off your bill
Cheap fucker

Threatening agents lives
bonus points if you call from your cell phone

Refusing to pay taxes on your cell phone bill
Move to Somalia

Offline nicholas

Re: Entitled customers
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 01:15:38 AM »
My HD2 was stolen three weeks ago, turns out it wasn't insured. Ah well, sh1t happens, won't happen again as when I renew my contract in september and upgrade to a new handset I'll make sure to pay the insurance premium.

But can someone please tell me why it has been three weeks and I still haven't received a replacement sim card despite still paying my £30 per month line rental by direct debit?

Are all mobile phone companies as crap as Vodafone UK?

“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 01:22:52 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;622095
My HD2 was stolen three weeks ago, turns out it wasn't insured. Ah well, sh1t happens, won't happen again as when I renew my contract in september and upgrade to a new handset I'll make sure to pay the insurance premium.

But can someone please tell me why it has been three weeks and I still haven't received a replacement sim card despite still paying my £30 per month line rental by direct debit?

Are all mobile phone companies as crap as Vodafone UK?

I find that mostly people are just incompetent, so someone forgot to do something somewhere.

Im not sure about the UK, but unless you have a wicked expensive phone, insurance on it can be kind of a rip. Usually better off getting something on ebay to tide you over, just make sure its not lost/stolen

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 02:31:20 AM »
Quote from: runequester;622099
I find that mostly people are just incompetent, so someone forgot to do something somewhere.

Im not sure about the UK, but unless you have a wicked expensive phone, insurance on it can be kind of a rip. Usually better off getting something on ebay to tide you over, just make sure its not lost/stolen

I bought a ZTE Blade for £89 to replace it and installed CyanogenMod 7 on it which will do until contract renewal time.

Just need my replacement sim card as this prepay sim i.m using temporarily is a rip off.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline coldfish

• Show only replies by coldfish
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 06:35:49 AM »
customer service = purgatory

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 07:23:26 AM »
Quote from: runequester;622053
Dealing with cell phone customer service, I am frequently reminded that people have a tendency to be entitled tit mice.
Worse, while it is fashionable to attribute this to younger people, I actually find the reverse to be the case, more often than not.

A few that spring to mind, and a few pieces of advice, should you suffer from this particular entitlement issue :)

Breaking your phone and expecting to get a new one for free.
99% of the time, the carrier doesn't manufacture the phone. Pay for insurance, pay to get it fixed, or contact the manufacturer for warranty issues. Nobody expects a free car if it breaks

Pissing about the fact that new customers get a discount.
Nobody complains about this when they are a new customer themselves.

Expecting absurd amounts of credit for nothing
As it turns out, if you pay 40 dollars a month, losing your voicemail for 2 days isn't worth 50 dollars of "inconvenience"

"I didnt use my phone that much!"
By the time, its on your bill, that means we show an outgoing call, and the other carrier shows a call coming in. Stop lying and take some responsibility

Wanting a person who cannot fix their problem to fix it, while bitching about how long they've been on the phone
Nobody takes their car to the library to get it fixed

Wanting something that cannot be done, or is completely absurd, while bitching about how many people have been "unable to help them"
If it can't be done, then it can't be done. Claiming that everything is possible with computers just reveals you as a retard

Insisting that something that cannot be done was done for you before, even though there's absolutely nothing in the system to support this
Lying is supposedly a sin. Burn in hell

Threatening agents to give them a poor score on a satisfaction survey, if you don't get 25 dollars off your bill
Cheap fucker

Threatening agents lives

Refusing to pay taxes on your cell phone bill
Move to Somalia

Someone is obviously having a bad day :griping:

But phone companies arn't perfect either you know. Everytime i phone up customer service all i can get is an Indian woman who can't speak English. It's almost like talking to a dog or a cat and expecting to get somewhere  :madashell:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:02:45 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;622182
Someone is obviously having a bad day :griping:

But phone companies arn't perfect either you know. Everytime i phone up customer service all i can get is an Indian woman who can't speak English. It's almost like talking to a dog or a cat and expecting to get somewhere  :madashell:

Funny anecdote, but india is starting to become too expensive to outsource to, so corporations are starting to move things to the philipines.

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 04:51:05 PM »
Quote from: runequester;622053
Threatening agents lives
Happened to me once, I took the headset off and called the police from my cell, giving them his name and cell phone number (he heard everything, of course).

I got a written apology two days later.:lol:
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline whabang

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 05:01:06 PM »
Quote from: runequester;622254
Funny anecdote, but india is starting to become too expensive to outsource to, so corporations are starting to move things to the philipines.
Location: OR, outsourcing to the Philipines... You don't happen to work for Stream, do you? ;)

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 06:31:03 PM »
Quote from: whabang;622260
Location: OR, outsourcing to the Philipines... You don't happen to work for Stream, do you? ;)

I work for the company that bought Stream ;)

Offline whabang

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »
Quote from: runequester;622279
I work for the company that bought Stream ;)
Yeah there was a whole lot of discussion there about who bought whom. Couldn't care less, I left six months ago! :lol: