Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In desparate need of a flyback for 1084S-D1! Please HELP!  (Read 9480 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: In desparate need of flyback for 1084S-D1! Please HELP!
« Reply #74 from previous page: September 30, 2010, 03:46:43 PM »
If you want a softer picture (although I don't understand why... :confused:) then all you have to do is, take the back off and on the flyback transformer you will find two adjustment potentiometers, one for Volatge & one for Focus.

A tiny adjustment of the Focus pot, will give you the softness you desire... :)

(WARNING:- Remember, Lethal High Voltage Involved Here...) :nervous:

Offline TakeShadTopic starter

• Show only replies by TakeShad
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2010, 04:30:47 PM »
It won't help. As someone stated before, CM8833-II has a very strange tube that features bad raster that makes every pixel visible as hell. The image looks like crap because you can see the net of pixels. :<

Offline Franko

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »
Quote from: TakeShad;582114
It won't help. As someone stated before, CM8833-II has a very strange tube that features bad raster that makes every pixel visible as hell. The image looks like crap because you can see the net of pixels. :<

I am sitting here looking at my CM8833-II right now with the back off, to put it quite simply, if you want a softer picture open it up and adjust the focus and you can have a picture you should be happy with. :)

It's nothing to do with a so called 'bad raster', although I still don't understand why anyone would go to all the bother you have done, then want to change a sharp picture to a blurred one... :confused:

Offline zipper

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
But the other way around I got an Amiga 1438 after CM8833 and was very disappointed on its dark picture after 8833 which I found vastly more enjoyable.

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »
@Franko: It is about the raster. Maybe your CM8833-II has a different tube. Mine has an awful raster and it makes all the 2D games look bad. The pixels are just too visiable and I can't believe Philips put a tube like this into a computer monitor.

I can't show it because I don't have a high-res camera

Offline Franko

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
My CM8833-II also has a Phillips tube, along with my other 1084s,  CBM 1942 & Microvitec monitors they all have one thing in common, that is if you're sitting close enough to the monitor then the pixels array can be clearly seen on all of them.

I'm still not quite sure why you find this a problem though, or what you were hoping to achieve with this monitor, as with any cathode ray tube, the pixel grid array will always be visible if you're sitting close enough and your eyesight is good... :)

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2010, 06:42:41 PM »
No, you're totally missing the point. It's not about the fact that you can see the pixels if you're close enough. That's obvious with CRTs displays. The problem with CM8833-II is that the pixels are very visiable, the raster is strangely made and it causes every pixel to be too noticeable even from a distance. I see this for the first time. I've used many CRTs in my life and I never noticed anything like this.

What I wanted to achieve? 1084S-level image. Philips CM8833-II has a much worse raster.

My Dreamcast performs great via RGB with CM8833-II but that's mainly 3D graphics and the raster isn't a problem in 3D. It's a problem in 2D. For example, Kickstart 1.3's start-up screen on my A500 looks like crap on this monitor because you can see a net of pixels even from big distance. The image doesn't look solid - it looks as if it was made from grains of sand.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:05:41 PM by TakeShad »

Offline techforce

• Show only replies by techforce
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »
Hi - We just located (2) good pulls of this transformer and listed it for sale here:
http://www.parts-link.com/items.php?name=Avail&ref=23394