Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Microsoft Word sale prohibited as of Jan. 11, fix promised  (Read 5416 times)

Description:

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Lurch
Re: Microsoft Word sale prohibited as of Jan. 11, fix promised
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 28, 2009, 09:18:34 AM »
**cough** Open office.....
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 10:17:21 PM »
@persia

We abandoned Word for Pages as well. We also use cool applications like PageStream.

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 04:00:13 PM »
Hi,

@Persia and Pyromania,

Never heard of Pages, is this freeware for the PC?

I don't use Word either, I use either Open Office (Primary) or Final Copy II on my Amiga 4000.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 12:12:15 AM »
Quote from: smerf;535359
Hi,

@Persia and Pyromania,

Never heard of Pages, is this freeware for the PC?

I don't use Word either, I use either Open Office (Primary) or Final Copy II on my Amiga 4000.

smerf

Pages is Mac OS X only and is part of the iWork suite. Final Copy II is older but still cool  and brings back fond memories.

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 07:54:46 PM »
*rant mode on* sorry you may skip my post :)

I would like to know exactly why the courts didn't rule every copy of the offending version of Word be recalled and the purchaser refunded (including bundles of MS Office).

Now that would give me faith in the US legal system, the amount of crap MS have got away with is ridiculous and they should have been smashed to pieces decades ago and forced to break up into separate companies for Xbox/MS Office/Server market/Desktop OS with forced litigation if ANY kind of cross financial benefit was transferred between the two departments.

I guess making the IRS swell with MS tax dollars is more important than justice. A hollow victory at best....the right thing to do was force a complete and utter recal just like when Nintendo sued Rainbow Arts over Great Gianna sisters, allowing copyright infringing code to remain out their is pathetic, and shows just how lenient the courts are.

I hope the EU take this a step further and require MS to refund every purchaser, and pay for shipping to return their crap.....and then force Microsoft to advertise Open Office on their product packaging as a free alternative and donate programmers from MS to help Open  Office compatibility.

Time the world courts grew a pair and dealt MS the beating with the shitty end of the stick they so deserved since 1985 with Windows v1 if you ask me.

lol