Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CLI size?  (Read 1315 times)

Description:

Offline DagonTopic starter

• Show only replies by Dagon
    • http://www.amigasympan.gr/depa
CLI size?
« on: December 10, 2002, 06:28:35 PM »
Hi, how can I set the default size of AmigaShell? I know that this can be set as a tooltype on the CLI icon but I always open cli from the execute command shortcut so that I wont have to grab the mouse. It must be a variable on env:

Can anyone help me?

I always use rAmiga+E to open a prefs program, or start a cli and even to open the window of a dir which its path is very  deep and knowing by heart its path is faster doing it with my program openwin :-D
That`t one of the things that make my Amiga fun using it.

You can find it on Aminet under util/cli.
openwin.lha

Megadeth RuLe!!! :-D
\\"So we must exercise ourselves in the things which bring happiness, since, if that be present, we have everything, and, if that be absent, all our actions are directed towards attaining it\\" - Epicurus

Offline Thomas

Re: CLI size?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 04:32:42 PM »

The default size of the window is hard coded. You could search the string in the executable with a hex editor and patch it.

But the better solution would be this:

create a small shell script in S: (lets call it NS) containing the command

newshell con:0/150//300/AmigaShell/AUTO/CLOSE

then set the S flag (protect s:ns +s).

Now you can open the execute window and enter ns for a new shell window. Even shorter than CLI.

Make sure that S: is contained in your path before LoadWB is called. Maybe you have to move the script to C:. Workbench is very restrictive with its path setting.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 04:49:39 PM »
Do you just need to change SHELL in the S: directory?

If so click on SHELL icon and goto `information` in menu.  You can add stack size etc. from there.

Have a look at `shell startup`, also in S: to change the size , font, colour etc...

Offline Rebel

• Show only replies by Rebel
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 10:41:09 AM »

Thomas wrote:

The default size of the window is hard coded. You could search the string in the executable with a hex editor and patch it.

But the better solution would be this:

create a small shell script in S: (lets call it NS) containing the command

newshell con:0/150//300/AmigaShell/AUTO/CLOSE

then set the S flag (protect s:ns +s).

Now you can open the execute window and enter ns for a new shell window. Even shorter than CLI.

Make sure that S: is contained in your path before LoadWB is called. Maybe you have to move the script to C:. Workbench is very restrictive with its path setting.

Bye,
Thomas

Or you could do the same using the "Alias" command.  Add the following to your User-Startup :

Alias ns "c:newshell con:0/150//300/AmigaShell/AUTO/CLOSE"

Either this or Tomas's solution should work for you, and will also save typing! (ie type "ns" instead of "newshell")

Alternatively, I use Toolsdaemon to  launch apps from the menubar, and you can also assign a hot-key to each one.  (I use R-Amiga + / to bring up a shell window at a specified size and screen position.)

Toolsdaemon can lauch progs from either their WB icon tooltypes or from a cli command.  If you dont like Toolsdaemon there are 101 other progs that could give you the same hotkey functionality.

-Rebel

Offline Rudei

• Show only replies by Rudei
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 11:55:31 AM »
write a script (or build the script into the icon) and use the command "winsize"

this will default the CLI to the entire screen size
2017 Camaro 2SS