Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: International buttholes on eBay  (Read 12131 times)

Description:

Offline TheGoose

• Show only replies by TheGoose
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
Re: International buttholes on eBay
« Reply #89 from previous page: October 20, 2009, 02:29:50 AM »
Red - good
AmigaKit - good
Software Hut -good, long waits sometimes
Vesalia - good

I have used all these vendors and have never had a non delivery, I 'm in US.

Some have better automated systems for tracking and updates, AmigaKit shines in this regard. Normally, anything overseas gets automatically transfered to the USPS - a default; shipping systems are just not that sophisticated moving across boarders or continents is my conclusion.

Some of you have been really screwed by shipping situations sounds like, probably because these systems don't deliver to the underside of bridges.

:laughing:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:33:33 AM by TheGoose »
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +

Offline Ideal

• Show only replies by Ideal
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2009, 11:48:22 AM »
Quote from: arnljot;525220
Not sure what you're refering to, but I have a certified receipt from my bank that I paid Eivind aka Ideal the money.

EDIT: Also want to mention that I've bought stuff a few times from Red, and always gotten excellent service. So it's funny that Ideal has such a adaptive ethics that he will point the finger on Red and forget his own transgressions.

I think it's great that you decided to drag this up, then I can tell people what really happened.
I understand that your mother took ill with cancer and all that, and that caused you to have some sort of emotional psychological breakdown, what I refused to accept however was the way you took that out on me.  You decided to pick a fight with me over something as trivial as a football match. Whereupon I simply hung up the phone and told you "I don't have time for this", rather than go on with your discussion.
You then proceeded to bombard me with text messages, getting more and more irrate.
I then returned a text saying "please let me know when you have calmed down", as I assumed you would later apologize to me for your rude behaviour, and normal service would be resumed.
Not so.
Instead I was bombarded with 20-30 texts of various threatening degree, invoking anything from police reports to "my mother is dying from cancer, you bastard", etcetera.

You then came round to my house and rang my doorbell for 20 minutes continuosly. I'm sorry, but I am not in the habit of opening the door for people of psychological illness who are behaving in an unstable and threatening manner.

I have been awaiting your apology as that would be the normal progression if two friends have a falling out. However it seems you are not mature enough to realize your mistakes.

As a matter of courtesy I will take it upon myself to mail you the computer cabinet, and I wish you all the best for the future.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2009, 12:21:38 PM »
Quote from: Ideal;527337
I think it's great that you decided to drag this up, then I can tell people what really happened.
I understand that your mother took ill with cancer and all that, and that caused you to have some sort of emotional psychological breakdown, what I refused to accept however was the way you took that out on me.  You decided to pick a fight with me over something as trivial as a football match. Whereupon I simply hung up the phone and told you "I don't have time for this", rather than go on with your discussion.
You then proceeded to bombard me with text messages, getting more and more irrate.
I then returned a text saying "please let me know when you have calmed down", as I assumed you would later apologize to me for your rude behaviour, and normal service would be resumed.
Not so.
Instead I was bombarded with 20-30 texts of various threatening degree, invoking anything from police reports to "my mother is dying from cancer, you bastard", etcetera.

You then came round to my house and rang my doorbell for 20 minutes continuosly. I'm sorry, but I am not in the habit of opening the door for people of psychological illness who are behaving in an unstable and threatening manner.

I have been awaiting your apology as that would be the normal progression if two friends have a falling out. However it seems you are not mature enough to realize your mistakes.

As a matter of courtesy I will take it upon myself to mail you the computer cabinet, and I wish you all the best for the future.

Ohh man, move over day time TV. This just gets better and better.
"It all started with a tin of peas Doctor!"

Gertsy

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2009, 12:45:44 PM »
I'm desperately searching for a reason not to close this thread....

Ideal bought something.
Redrum shipped it and it left the country. This has been verified via the tracking system using the code given.

That should be the end of the story, save that Ideal will need to check with his own customs office to find out what happened to the package, and why it was never released or sent BY THEM...

A piece of advice, though annoying.  If you're selling something internationally (or perhaps even nationally) take a few moments to document (via photographs) the box that you're sending, the contents, and perhaps even the shipping label with codes.  

Then share them with the International Butthole in question so that there are zero doubts as to what has been done and what should be done next.

Redrumloa, aka Jim is not at fault here, so again, why shouldn't this thread be closed?

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »
I think It's a bit like Dr Phil.  Lets everybody understand the issues of customs in some countries and the importance of pre and post sale communication. Valuable to all amiga heads. And entertaining in a voyeuristic kind'a way. Especially late at night.

Offline arnljot

« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2009, 02:10:27 PM »
@Ideal
I have a copies of all messages we have exchanged.

I never called you names in our messages exchange. If you like I can post our messages online, but I would think that you wouldn't like it as it were you who were doing the name calling.

Even so, I think it's interesting that you first only now when called out on the stealing is contemplating mailing the cabinet, as our agreement was that you should deliver it the same week, and I have a message from you that I "should just forget about the cabinet".

Still, it's funny that you think that any kind of behaviour on my part - however false claims you make - justifies you stealing money of me. I've told you per SMS many times over that I consider the deal broken and void and want a refund.

Then you go on and attack Red, I cannot let that pass by unoticed. It's just too rich, so I drew attention to it here after you attacked Red quite harshly and in a manner which the situation did not warrant.

Yes I talked to the police. You'll be glad to hear that there is nothing they can do. They do not consider you taking my money and not delivering a crime, immoral perhaps but not something that is covered by their jurisdiction. It's a matter of a failed contract. You did not hold up you end of the contract and it's simply not a police matter. It's a matter which I have to take up in civil court if I want my money back.

Given your attempt here on character assasination on me, calling me mentally ill and exchaggerating and falsely portraying the facts here it seems to me that you choose to ignore the fact that the deal is now void and cancelled. And stick to your story.

The day I called you, you were already late delivering the cabinet and I was calling to ask when it would be delivered.

You were watching a football match, and was very excited about that. Good for you. When I politely told you that I don't like soccer/football you and asked about the cabinet you said "If you're gonna be like that I won't talk to you".

I got upset when you hung up on me. So I texted you saying that I wouldn't stand for any nonsense, and I called to ask when you would deliver. You replied that since I was so rude I could forget about that.

After that the verbal abuse per text from you started. I then realised that you had turned on me, much like you have - perhaps behind their backs - on many other Amiga users here in Oslo. I texted you the next days, and tried to call you a few times. Since I was being ignored by you. No text replies, and no answering the phone I stopped by your home. I spent some five minutes outside your door while a Taxi waited, I couldn't afford to have the taxi stand there on meter for 20 minutes.

The apology you wanted. You got an olive branch per text a few weeks later where I extended a hand trying to end the situation.

That message too being ignored I texted you and told you I'd go to the police. Too bad the police can't/won't do anything.

And finally. I have never threathened you with anything but the police. I thought it was a matter they could deal with. And yes I brought up my moms illness in two of the eight or so messages I sent you over a two week period. I did so in an attempt to shame you to do the right thing. But it obviously didn't work on you. My mistake, I shouldn't have bothered.

Now enough time has passed so that I find this funny in a way. It's funny how you think you're entiteled to an apology when you break a deal and ignore contact attempts trying to solve the situation.

I was very angry with you. Now, I won't spend any more time on this. I just thought that I'd comment on the "20-30 texts", "mentall illness", "mother is dying", "bastard", and "threatening".

Facts: 8 to 10 messages. My mistake of bringing up my mom. Never used profanity, you however..., and I never threathened you with anything but with the police. I am a registered pacifist as you well know.

I hope it's not "all Africa" at your place anymore. And that you got to buy something else than dog food to eat for the money you got from me. Also I hope that you don't have to steal in the future to avoid eating dog food. Doing you the favour of paying days in advance of you handing over of the cabinet is the worst mistake I did. One I will not ever do again.

@Wayne
Like I tell Ideal initially here, I had to bring it up the way he jumped on Red just seemed hypocritical. Ideal has never had anything nice to say about Red when we've had discussions face to face prior to this and I have always wondred why. It's always been about other stuff, never about stealing. Which suggests to me that Ideal pretty well knows what he's doing and what's happened.

So instead of taking it up with the postal office, he turns his frustration and anger on Red.

I know at least another user who has received verbal abuse from Ideal when dealing with him. That user with a CSPPC from Trondheim can himself tell the story if he likes to. I haven't talked to him, only heard Ideals portrayal of that. Which I now see how he operates.

@Red
Sorry that this takes up place in your thread. I just found it hilarious that Ideal should have  anything on you. Which you have proved that he hasn't

@Thread/gertsy/others
I'm glad you have your fun. I'm able to smile of this too now. But being almost £100 out of pocket because I thought Ideal (Eivind Espenes) was a friend whom I could trust, had beers with and a plan to start an Amiga club with, has taught me to never pay up front for anything.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:36:44 PM by arnljot »
A posting a day keeps the sanity away...
http://www.arnljot.com

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2009, 06:46:37 PM »
Is this guy really eating dogfood?

Oh, and sign me up on the miles long list of folks who *never* had a single issue with Red.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;527346
I'm desperately searching for a reason not to close this thread....

Wayne

Reading the continuing thread this morning. That is after Ideal reported posts in this topic twice, I was thinking the same thing. I decided to wait til this afternoon to think over weither this topic had any redeeming qualities. I can't think of one other than as a life lesson and that is done already.
This topic is just one person ranting at another for a perceived wrong. Which they have been proven wrong on. Looks like end of story.

Case closed.