Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ignition 1.0 beta 1 released  (Read 1032 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
ignition 1.0 beta 1 released
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:28:14 PM »
A new spreadsheet application has been released as a beta version. It asks for your support to be finished.

ignition is a spreadsheet application with an integrated, simple, but relational database. The beta release only includes binaries for m68k based Amiga OS 3.x, but this is planned to change for the final release.

See http://www.pinc-software.de for more details.

Offline Matt_H

Re: ignition 1.0 beta 1 released
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 08:49:33 PM »
I generally don't have much use for spreadsheets, but the interface to this program is quite stylish. I'm a stickler for good grammar, however, and the non-capitalization of certain menu items is a little bothersome :-) (nitpick). The extensions to GadTools  look excellent and offer a very intuitive environment.

This beta Guru'd on startup my OS4 box (800000003), but after hitting Continue in the Grim Reaper, everything was fine.

I'll try it in place of clunky old TurboCalc next time I need a spreadsheet and see how it holds up. Hope to see more of this project soon.

Offline yoodoo

• Show only replies by yoodoo
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »
Activate the "NOABOUT" tooltype to avoid the startup dsi.

It's much more stable here without JIT.

Seems like a very good first release.

Offline Castellen

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:27:21 AM »
Runs great here with OS3.9 and 68060.
Looking good so far, from my *seriously* limited ability with spreadsheets.

Does anyone know if Ignition and/or TurboCalc can generate a line graph with a logarithmic scale on the X axis and linear scale on the Y axis?  This kind of thing is commonly used in frequency vs amplitude plots for showing circuit bandwidths, etc.

If they can do logarithmic graphs, I'm not sure how.  Any suggestions welcome!

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 09:43:49 PM »
How about a screen shot or something.  I'd try it myself but my Peg II hasn't yet arrived.

If Amiga and MorphOS can get a functional office package and a modern brower(s), it'll certainly help move the community out of the "hobby-OS" world.