Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AARRGGH!! Worst eBay seller EVER!!  (Read 7166 times)

Description:

Offline Madgun68

• Show only replies by Madgun68
    • http://home.comcast.net/~madgun1968
Re: AARRGGH!! Worst eBay seller EVER!!
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2003, 05:20:30 AM »
Poll: Who thinks I should smack this guy around and who thinks I should be happy since it was cheap?
Well, I don't think you should smack the guy around, but I don't think that you got a fair shake for the auction either.

For $20 I think a little more care should have been given in packaging these items.

Reminds me of the Amiga 4000 I bought off Ebay. I figured for the price, I was getting a pretty decent deal. (Somewhere in the $600 range. Included a Cyberstorm PPC card, Cybervision PPC, two 18gig scsi drives, a dat drive, jazz drive.)

Know what the majority item used to pack it in was? Newspaper, which wouldn't have helped much just going across the States, but this was coming from Europe. One of the harddrives was doa, the cybervision had some of the smt resistors knocked off it. (Not to mention not everything got shipped.)

I wound up just not leaving feedback at all. (One party leaves negative feedback and honesty goes out the window on the other side.)

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2003, 06:41:55 AM »
Is there anything salvagable?

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2003, 06:57:25 AM »
maybe you should smack yourself around (no offense), the picture clearly shows a bunch of junky old motherboards laying on top of one another in a not-so-clean or safe manner!... the picture even shows the tape on the boards.

Where they cheap for what they where??? I personally dont know!, but I'd wager you'd lose if it went to a jury ;) because they look like crap in the pictures and if you got delivered crap? maybe it was crap he was selling!?

I think you simply purchased wrong, he said 'not test' 'no warrenty' and 'sold as is', he added an opinon that they looked good, later on he says something to the effect (to tired to quote it) "not responsible for all in sundry once it leaves my hands", so he pretty much told ya "I'm gonna send ya these junky weird boards for a low price, dont expect them to work" ...

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2003, 09:14:31 AM »
You have *GOT* to be kidding.

I agree that you shouldn't buy from this guy, but this is hardly misrepresentation.  Even in the E-Bay photo I can clearly see warpage on the bottom board, especially on the joystick ports.  These things originally shipped in anti-static bags, and now they are taped together with super-static packaging tape with a piece of cardboard for a label?  Also, any time someone says "Untested" you should read it  as "paperweight".  Sorry pal, but as far as selection goes, this is your own fault.

I say this as an employee in a small store, and you wouldn't believe the shipping crap I have to put up with on brand new products right from the manufacturer.  We have to open and inspect EVERY shipment we get.  If it's damaged, the package is refused, and let the sender deal with the broken packaging.

As for shipping, well, $20 is pretty steep.  I always ask about shipping conditions, packaging, and insurance before the auction ends.

Noritsu shipped us a new stainless steel frame, valued at over a grand, for our QSS-2711 photo printer, and it arrived in a flimsy, HEAVILY crushed box.  Upon opening, it was just the frame submerged in a sea of peanuts, without even a plastic bag around it.  A Noritsu tech came in the next day to put the frame in, and... aside from the fact he was as shocked as we were over the packaging, of course, he found out it was all bent.  Keep in mind that the frame is about 4 feet long, and can't be off square by more than half a millimeter.  What idiots.

I just placed an order for a car seat for my Subaru.  I was originally going to buy it online, but seeing how it's valued at over $600, I figured I'd go call an official, licensed retailer.  It cost me more than it would've online, but after I found out all kinds of ordering restrictions from the manufacturer (which were NOT listed on the unlicensed Internet shops) I have absolutely no regrets of paying extra and talking to a person over the phone.

But, yeah, I'm beating this dead horse...

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2003, 12:50:51 PM »
Personally i think you should get in the car, drive and open a can of whoop-ass on this dude!

Heh Heh :-)

They do look pretty chewed in the photos, but it says working condition so...
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

Offline lorddef

• Show only replies by lorddef
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2003, 12:57:15 PM »
Thats why I usually only buy from the UK, so if somebody rippes off bigtime  I can go and beat the living #### out of them  :-)
Restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you!

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2003, 01:36:10 PM »
I agree that you shouldn't buy from this guy, but this is hardly misrepresentation.

Yes it is. Many people here seem to have either misunderstood me or didn't read his description. The auction stated "excelent condition". I wasn't expecting new boards or even boards that would be repaired. All I was expecting was that was in fair condition that I could salvage some chips off. These boards even before shipping damage are not in even fair condition. Chips are missing, other chips are damaged/solder to, yet other chips are covered with apoxy. Overall the boards look like hell, dirty etc.

Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2003, 02:07:59 PM »
ALSO NOT RESPONSABLE FOR ITEM AFTER IT LEAVES MY HANDS..IF ITEM IS DAMAGED THEN YOU ARE RESPONSABLE FOR THE CLAIM WITH SHIPPER NOT ME.

What a wanker.  I bet he'll never own up to the fact that he didn't pack them properly and blame it on the shipping co.

-edit-

btw, these say it all:

armis-brooks( 72) ------ Aug-09-02 08:58:50 PST ------ (private) ------ S
Complaint : Items damaged due to bad packing - has yet to replace them or answer e-mail
Follow-up by armis-brooks - I expect what I purchase to arrive undamaged. Retaliatory Neg FB Itm 2114754122
Response by amusement911 - This guy is SICK,you should read Email he sent me>>Will Forward to Anyone want .

sexpistoljohnny( 412) ------ Nov-29-01 11:45:27 PST ------ (private) ------ S
Complaint : PCB BROKEN IGNORES EMAILS THEN GIVES 'ME' A NEG? HE'S VERY, VERY VENDICTIVE!!
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline Eddie

• Show only replies by Eddie
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2003, 03:15:01 PM »
>Reminds me of the Amiga 4000 I bought off Ebay. I
>figured for the price, I was getting a pretty decent
>deal. (Somewhere in the $600 range. Included a
>Cyberstorm PPC card, Cybervision PPC, two 18gig
>scsi drives, a dat drive, jazz drive.)

Hey was this from Denmark with a desktop with a missing lid ?  I was seconds away from putting a bid in on this one too, I thought I'd missed out on a bargain at the time.

I've had a couple of bad experiences with ebay, a A4000 desktop I brought from Austria turned up packed with three layers of very thing worn bubble wrap smashed apart. :-(
On top of that the case was bent ~3mm in the middle  (and those A4000 desktops are built like tanks!), must have had a ton+ weight on it - I learn't then never allow things to be sent overland post!  especially in Europe.  Got insurance sorted at least and the seller was a decent bloke.

Back to this ****hole with the A500 boards, isn't it against ebays policy to blackmail people with negative feedback ?

It may be worth asking they're complaints department what to do about this person as he's threatening negative feedback to stop you acting, which I believe against they're feedback policy.  

Anyway else tried this before ?

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2003, 03:25:47 PM »
@lorddef

Its the power tower case i want not the powerflyer but thanks for the offer. :-)
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

Offline amigamad

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2003, 03:30:41 PM »
Poll: Who thinks I should smack this guy around and who thinks I should be happy since it was cheap?

Go give him a smack with a baseball bat it would make you feel better although you might end up in a lot of trouble. :-o

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2003, 03:30:52 PM »
WOW! Have you seen some of the quality (as in good) arcade games this geezer has got!?! So tempting!  :-o
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2003, 03:33:08 PM »
I think it all comes down to how people should approach buying off ebay.

If you regard it as somewhere you ought to be checking every possibility, every single factor no matter how anal-retentive* it sounds, you probably shouldn't buy from ebay.

However if you regard it as it should be by everyone, as in people not out to screw other people over, then it should be considered an ok place to buy from.

* - by this I mean, if you were buying from a company, checking their registration in Companies House (UK registration of UK-based businesses), checking the directors for fraud-related criminal records, scouring the net for bad user experiences with the company, insuring everything left right and centre, asking for two references, etc. :-)

If I were shipping a load of motherboards that didn't have their own packaging and boxes, I'd include that in the packaging fee and specify that in the description.  What kind of stupid twat would sellotape boards together.

Having said that, there is a pic showing the boards taped together.  Was that added after your purchase redrumloa?

I've bought from ebay once and it turned out ok.  It's a last resort for me.

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2003, 03:36:42 PM »
@mikeymike

I don't want to sound like a complete idiot or anything, but how would one package their Amiga boards or Ram then, ready to be sent off? As i am selling some Ram off soon to someone.

Regards
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline amigamad

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2003, 03:42:03 PM »
The desktop a4000 motherboard ibought off of amibench was meant to be a perfect working board with slightly damaged but working ram slots but it is faulty and though it will work its not perfect it has 3 resistors broken or missing from the board which i think is the problem. Not battery damaged though.

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #44 from previous page: October 15, 2003, 03:59:54 PM »
I don't want to sound like a complete idiot or anything, but how would one package their Amiga boards or Ram then, ready to be sent off? As i am selling some Ram off soon to someone.

Anti-static bag, then bubble swap, and then a bubble wrap envelope.  Not that expensive a setup, not too annoying to package either, and a good chance of it getting through standard post (in the UK anyway).