Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Software Hut News Letter Sept 04  (Read 3598 times)

Description:

Offline AcillTopic starter

Software Hut News Letter Sept 04
« on: September 04, 2004, 10:45:50 PM »
         WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE ON CLASSIC SOFTWARE !!!

We are cleaning up our warehouse and wanted to offer our customers first shot at some fabulous offers. The first offer is a software blowout. While supplies last we are offering 25 pieces of boxed, new Amiga games on disk for the price of $ 29.95. We call it a classic grab bag. These are all titles that were originally released for $ 29.99 to as much as $ 59.99 each when first released. All games are unique titles (meaning you get 25 different titles per grab bag). Don’t miss this chance to add to your collection on top name Amiga games. Please note we have so many titles we can not quote what titles are in each shipment but all are new and in original packaging.

To order just use our type in form and fill in Amiga Classic Grab Bag Bundle and the price of $ 29.95. Remember, quantities are limited. Our type in form is located at:

www.softhut.com/select.html

Other special offers are below. Again, please use our type in form to order and remember quantities are limited. All items are new and in original packaging unless otherwise noted.

50 pack of ds/dd floppy disks $ 5.00
Paws Micro Trackball $ 6.00
Mindscape Power Player Joystick $ 5.00
A500 motherboard with all chips $ 10.00
A4000 original test motherboard, rev 1 brown board layout (no roms, not working, 1 left) $ 35.00
External ds/dd floppy drive (refurbished various models) $ 25.00
GVP Phone Pack Board (board only no manual or software $ 15.00
A4000 Power Supply $ 35.00
A500 Power Supply (refurbished) $ 15.00
Motherboard Pink Anti Static Bags 20 pieces per bundle $ 8.00
Adram 560D ram board $ 15.00
IBM 24 Port 10/100 hub model 8271-E24 Part # 02L0877 $ 25.00
Summa Sketch 12X12 Pressure Sensitive graphics Tablet (used as is) $ 35.00

Remember to order any of the above use our type in form located at:

OS 4 AND AMIGA ONE AVAILABILITY

We have heard a new version of OS 4 will be released shortly for all our customers who have received their A1 systems and beta OS 4. This will be available via a free download. We also hear that the Cyberstorm PPC and Blizzard PPC version of OS 4 is getting closer to release. If you are interested in the Cyberstorm PPC or Blizzard PPC version please place a preorder with our type in form (be sure to specify which one you need). All orders will be billed when shipped and we expect availability by early October. The price will be $ 119.95 each.

The Micro A1 board has been announced by Eyetech. We will begin taking orders next week on this board along with some special system configurations. We expect some delivery in mid October of these boards as well as a small batch of G4-XE boards in early October. All boards will be on a first come first served basis and we already have many customers waiting on them. If you want one of these boards, be sure to place your order early. Look for an update on our web site and another newsletter by the end of the week.

AMIGA OS 4 AND AMIGA ONE SPECIALTY ITEMS AVAILABLE

We have in stock some great new Amiga Custom T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Coffee Mugs, Baseball Caps and Mouse Pads with Amiga One and OS 4 prominently displayed on them. They are officially licensed from Amiga and are made of high quality materials. With the release of OS 4 now is the time to proudly wear and display these great Amiga items. To view the complete list please visit:

http://www.softhut.com/

Then click on “New Amiga Clothing!” Under featured products.

AMIGA FOREVER 6.0 A BIG HIT !!

We have been extremely pleased with the feedback we have received from customers who have purchased the new Amiga Forever 6.0. It is a smash hit. As many of you know, Amiga Forever has been around for many years and is a great program to allow users to run classic Amiga applications on their Windows based machines. True to their word, Cloanto continues to constantly update Amiga Forever and has added many, many benefits and features. The new version has too many new features to list here but we will share a few highlights with you. First, no OS is needed !! That’s right, the CD version we are selling will allow your PC to boot right off the CD and into the emulator program. This is a great feature for customers who do not have a PC loaded with windows or who are building a PC just to run Amiga applications. It is similar to the popular feature that Amithlon had in it. It does still support all versions of windows as well as Linux and Mac OS. Also, now included are new Amiga Videos, a number of preinstalled games, 3.5 and 3.9 OS files, support for larger hard drives and more !!

We have added some great CD compilations to go along with your Amiga Forever program including many CDs filled with hundreds and hundreds of great Retro Games all playable directly from the CD or installable to your hard drive on your PC. Since these special offers were not available when we first started shipping Amiga Forever, If you have already ordered an Amiga Forever from us but would like to take advantage of the very special prices on these titles please go ahead and order them and we will extend the lower price to you and send the order out.

We are offering both the upgrade version for existing owners of Amiga Forever and the full retail version for $ 39.95 and $ 59.95 respectively. The upgrade version for $ 39.95 will also upgrade anyone who owns the on-line edition which was downloaded from Cloanto’s web site at anytime in the past. Now is a perfect time to get all the extra features the CD version offers! For more details and to order visit our web site at:

http://www.softhut.com/

You can click on Amiga Forever 6 under Amiga News on the left hand side of the home page. And if you managed to read this far into our newsletter we thank you and as a special present we are giving away a CD copy of Amiga Classix 2 which is a $ 29.95 value with ANY size order. This CD has over 100 games on it that can be played on your Amiga or a PC equipped with Amiga Forever. Just use our type in form located at:

and fill in the item/items you want and put on the last order line: Amiga Classix 2 and a $ 0 for the price.

We hope this message finds everyone well. Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend and thank you for all your continued support.

Sincerely,

Software Hut, Inc.
www.softhut.com
610-701-6301
610-701-6306 FAX

Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline Velcro_SP

• Show only replies by Velcro_SP
    • http://linux.tc3net.com/daclmi/
Re: Software Hut News Letter Sept 04
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 03:11:03 AM »
I like the concept of booting Amiga Forever directly from the CD on an OS-less PC. I am a purchaser of the download version about 2 years ago. I could get the upgrade for $39.95 but does that allow me to boot off the CD too? How does that work?

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 08:56:19 AM »
Soft Hut

Nice newsletter! Exciting News.

My question is where are you getting this OCTOBER date for OS4 for Cyberstorm?

TIA

magnetic
 :-?  :-?  :-?  :-?  :-o
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline AcillTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 01:22:36 PM »
KMOS put that date out at AmiWest. I dont see it as true myself.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 07:27:05 PM »
One hundred and WHAT?!?!

Offline vpcs

• Show only replies by vpcs
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 09:49:52 PM »
Recieved my grab bag and Joysticks today ...
What a bargin ready to place another order.
Greg

:rtfm:

Offline Velcro_SP

• Show only replies by Velcro_SP
    • http://linux.tc3net.com/daclmi/
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 10:19:12 AM »
VPCS, that is pretty good turnaround if you already got the goods! They just began the sale four days ago?!

What are some of the better games you got in the grab-bag?

Offline vpcs

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 11:49:10 AM »
Actually I ordered on Tues 09-08 and they arrived on Wed. 09-09. I only live about 60 Miles from them but that is still an excellent turn around time. I 'll post a list of games when I get home. there was about 15 good games and 10 so so. I'm happy enough that I am ordering another batch...
Greg

Offline vpcs

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 10:26:03 PM »
Some of the titles that I recieved were...
Barbarian II
Hook
Flames of Freedom
Cyberpunks
fight
globdule back to the future Pt III
Greg

Offline FastRobPlus

• Show only replies by FastRobPlus
    • http://bye
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 01:16:46 AM »
Very cool!  I ordered from them too.  Can't wait to see what I get!

Offline vpcs

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 12:52:21 AM »
Just recieved my 2nd shipment even better then the 1st. 50 games in sealed boxes for 80.00 shipping included . I can't complain about that.

:banana:  :laughing:
Greg