Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaUpdate, Objectivity Lost.  (Read 9501 times)

Description:

Offline Jose

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaUpdate, Objectivity Lost.
« on: August 11, 2003, 11:48:17 PM »
Hey, don't kill the guy ok?  8-)
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline Jose

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 12:12:18 AM »
Ok, I 've read the statement now.

If some of you do think he has the right to an opinion then why you just  jumped around and not discussed  the facts and/or your  points of view...

Like that you "seem" to be just trying to shut him up. Contradictory don't you think?

Offline Jose

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 12:19:43 AM »
@Lando:
"Leave future "Amiga" shows to the few dozen AInc worshippers who get hard at the sight of Linux running on a Teron board, a window being dragged about on a A4000 and a shareware-quality puzzle game on a Sharp Zaurus. Maybe if they all club together they can afford to hire out a scout hut."

LOL!! That was funny as hell :-D  :-P

But I don't agree with your arguments regarding the TeronBoard. I mean, if JayMiner came up and made a generic PPC board with PCI etc. etc. would you call it an Amiga just because of that? And don't tell me Pegasus is a "custom" board. It's as much a generic PPC board as the Teron is. I mean PCI, DIMMs, same chipset... come on!! .

Offline Jose

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 12:59:49 AM »
Hey I didn't even knew there was still an official distributor for Imagine on the Amiga!!!!
This is great!.
Check them out at:
 http://www.cadtech.demon.co.uk/

Offline Jose

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 02:32:16 AM »
@Targhan

"Oh yeah, it's not very smart to attack a webmaster on several occations. This isn't the first time you've done it. I count at least two other occations.

Have a good day, and post somewhere else."

Nice. Why attacking a  webmaster should it be different from attacking some other person? I think we know the answer...

Just because of that I checked the link
to MorphZone that cgutjahr put up in his previous post, and for  objectivity you don't have much either.  
You could allways put up a "FanBoy" tag on a user without gettin much suspect, but on the developers of the Amiga version of Imagine? Why?  
Without relevance to your issues with the program, wich seem exageratted by the way, saying:
"This package does *NOT* meet the requirements of good inclusion into our software bundle. And, that's if they WERE NOT in the "FanBoy" camp. However, they ARE in the FanBoy camp, and as far as I'm concerned they can have that piece of garbage 3D package." is way out of "objectivity" if you ask me.
Shoud we post a news item now, webmaster of A.Org lost objectivity?
You're not  making much for the credibility of A.Org. All I 'd  ask as a user is an unbiased site if you want to support the alternative platforms.  But then again, you work for Genesi, the owner of the site works for Genesi, and it was said the site is hosted at Genesi's servers so, no surprise at all.

Offline Jose

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 02:52:57 AM »
@Billsey
"There is way too much opinionated and uninformed spouting going on and it needs to stop now. "  

My poiint exactly. Agendas and personal opitions should be on the comment/forum not the news itself.

Offline Jose

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 03:51:03 AM »
@Targham

Right, questioning it's right to exist and saying:"We do not understand why MorphOS and Pegasos are at Amiga shows" are tow different things you know....
Some people are of the opinion that if MOS is so great why can't they make it on their own? I think that was the point.

@kennyR

"It didn't really matter that is was aimed at MOS. But this is a newsletter; can you imagine the outrage if the Genesi website demanded that A1s weren't allowed at AmiWest because they were "Teron CX linux boxes"?"

First of all noone demanded anything, they guy said in the newsletter itself it is his opiinion. Then heck why shouldn't they? If Genesi posted that as an opinion why not?It's would be their  opinion.  Many people have posted worse things and they didn't got deteted.

Offline Jose

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2003, 09:10:37 AM »
@Wayne
".... Brad's comments are certainly no worse than those of some "defenders" (is that term less objectionable than "cheerleader"?) we have had to contend with in this community for a while now....."

I know it's now settled down and I'm glad. But why did you included that? You know very well, the same is appliable to the other camp, and especially you, when you made all those comments about AInc. and then didn't want to back them when asked to. I'm still waiting  to know "The Truth". You know very well that when Amino bought the name and announced AmigaOS dead, and the DE was the future, some people were bitching around others just left. I bitched around in A.Org forums at the time and you, like you've already said, were acting like a cheeleader. Then before joining Genesi you jumped right into the other extreme bashing AInc. You know what, I still distrust AInc and I'm not sure what they would do with the OS if they buy it back, but I haven't gone to extremes about it, but voiiced my opinion.
So you don't need to put tags on all people that have the same opinion about a very particular  subject and say " the defendands" if it's less offensive than cheerleader" or something....  Cheerleader you cannot call me.

Offline Jose

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2003, 09:20:26 AM »
I want to know, is cgutjahr still banned?