Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In N.E London(UK) this afternoon? (Sun 13th July)  (Read 2308 times)

Description:

Offline Bifford

• Show all replies
    • http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
Re: In N.E London(UK) this afternoon? (Sun 13th July)
« on: July 13, 2003, 07:37:11 PM »
Hi guys!

A quick report of the User Group Meeting:

Lots of interest in both my Pegasos (G3) and Mick Sutton's A1 (G4). Studies of both motherboards were made by all and I think everyone was impressed by both boards build quality and neatness and also by the towers!

Mick's A1 of course just had Linux on it but he spent most of the afternoon fiddling with it as the gfx decided to go south on him possibly due to the mix-match of mac/linux/pc drivers set into the Hyperion Linux cd. It appears to work fine for a time and then starts to screw the system over! (hey, how is that different to my PC?? :)

The Pegasos of course has MOS1.3 and needed a fair few reboots due to me deliberatly showing which programs refuse to run on it. Lots do run of course but lots dont! :(

Part way through a fella called James (www.teamlee.co.uk) came along with several boxs, a new monitor and a "not-even-unwrapped" Amiga1 motherboard.  Another ANT member proceeded to help him get his motherboard towered and setup and booting via the Linux CD.  Ironically enough his tower is the same one as mine - just black in colour and with bubble tubes up the edges of the front pannel.  Nice! :)

He seemed well chuffed with the machine and level of support and friendliness available at the meeting.

As for Rob's Hollywood tut: it went down well, he explained how everything worked, and what was new in the latest version and also some of the drawbacks of the scripting language. Everyone seemed quite possitive about its capabilities.

So, along with the Donuts, drinks, and other niceties things went down well!

Shame it was only the "regulars" and me, Mick and Rob from SEAL there - usergroups NEED people to make a small trip (1 hour for us seal folks) to make these things worthwhile.  Seal itself has become a 4 or 5 people meeting and we cant really sustain things on that amount of people. More people and more machines brought to each meeting are needed. Please try folks! :)

TTFN!
Sam Byford - aka Bifford the Youngest.