Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New ClassicAmiga/Toaster and Pegasos Website w/Video Downloads!  (Read 2121 times)

Description:

Offline Kurt

• Show only replies by Kurt
Re: New ClassicAmiga/Toaster and Pegasos Website w/Video Dow
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 09, 2003, 05:32:41 AM »
@magnetic

I alway's thought that I was an expert but wow
What a surprise my rep got to the west coast and stuff.
Wonder if they will be charging people to hear me speak

Kurt

Tom what are you talking about?

what war with what Amiga dealers?

I just said these new guys are setting up a shop.
leasing or buying a commercial building in Eastern Suffolk/ western Nassau county in the  Republic airport area.

never been to your shop. Never seen you at an Amiga show. I don't know where you work out of.
I only met you twice. I just been warned by other Amiga users not to deal with you.

It's like merlancia I met ryan thought he was a nice guy. People told me the same thing so I didn't deal with him who needs headaches.

I buy from randir and russ. Joe lied to me a few times so I stopped dealing with him.
Russ is real slow and sometimes forgets to order you your stuff. So you have to call him and remind him on occasion. Randir doesn't always know whats up. His prices are somewhat higher than RUSS or JOE but I have never encountered any problems with him.

RUSS if you are reading this. Wheres my Quake II order

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2003, 05:40:06 AM »
its ok to everyone else... Kurt's proved he's a zealot psycho on many occasions... no need to take his biased and prejudice  rambleing insanity seriousely...

look at how he talks bad about merlancia (good friends of amiga.inc) and tries to equate them to magneticl... zealot on a rampage... how about you come level with everyone kurt? and admit merlancia is a great company in your eyes because they support amiga.inc? huh?...its easy for you to talk trash on the internet...

Offline Kurt

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2003, 06:01:35 AM »
Psycho maybe! zealot not what you think!!
I don't start the posts just try to correct
the constant drumbeat of false info...

If you came on here and said positive things about morph I would not stop you or post a negative comment.

But I would correct you if you posted false or eroneous info on anything amiga as some of your comrades like to do

Kurt

I don't support Merlancia read my post people say he has a bad rep so I don't buy from him.

Offline Kurt

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2003, 06:08:00 AM »
Mershum I don't talk good about Bill Mcewen.
Never had. I posted my share of legitimate complaints about Amiga Inc.

Kurt

My problems with morph for the most part is the direction they took in the last year.

Offline meerschaum

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2003, 06:08:25 AM »
Psycho maybe! zealot not what you think!!

you've proven you come down on anything even moderate like magnetic, who supports both sides... you cant stand someone who is a moderate...they must be a 'one side only' zealot to appeal to you...

I don't start the posts just try to correct

correct them? by posting bald faced nonsense like that? I think not!... I admit I dont like amiga.inc...its not to say I'd try to spread lies about people on their side..

If you came on here and said positive things about morph I would not stop you or post a negative comment.

no you'd prefer to post BS like this in an attempt to defame magnetic..
But I would correct you if you posted false or eroneous info on anything amiga as some of your comrades like to do

and what is 'false' in your eyes about this? false bieng the fact it dosent support amiga 150% to the zealot extreme? or false because you just want to see it that way and post nonsense about magnetic ? ...

My problems with morph for the most part is the direction they took in the last year.

and so you think this justifies attacking legitmate amiga/morph dealers with baseless nonsense like this?... I think not... your just zealous and angry that someone would take a moderate stance and support both! ...

Offline Kurt

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2003, 07:05:09 AM »
What attack I just stated a simple comment
why go and wig out.

My comments on magnetic have nothing to do with PEGASOS or Morph.

MY Problems with some people in the morph crowd are the constant drumbeat of false info that they spread. I am not saying nothing about support. Their constant negative comments and attacks have driven people away from MorphOS and the entire Amiga scene period. They don't come on here and post wow my peg board rocks. I would never comment on that.
No they come on here and post "THE AMIGAONE SUCKS ITS BUGGY, ITS OVER PRICED IT DOEN"T EXIST IT WONT COMEOUT,it causes impedance,it explodes,it not real, Amiga won't let AOS be developed for the pegasos," "THE PEGASOS FLIES AND MADE MY HAIR GROW BACK" thats what you get I don't comment about the hair or flying part because I don't own a pegasos so I don't know. The other stuff I can comment on because frankly I know whats up.
But the other stuff I can comment on because I know whats up. I know whats APRIL and what it actualy does ETC.

Tom can correct me but other than his has he sold any Pegasos boards to anyone.

I purchase stuff from Vesalia all the time and recommend people buy stuff from them because their prices are better than any US dealer. they sell Pegasos boards in fact I was planning to buy a Pegasos board from them in the begining because I could not find anyone in the states who sold one. I even told that to BB in an email and asked him where I could find a US dealer. He never answered that question. He just asked for my tel number so we could talk
Because at the time vesalia had a price of like 630 dollars for a peg board. which actually made it more money than the 550 I paid for a G3 Amigaone.

So your comments like most of the kind are again FALSE!! or deliberately misleading

Kurt

Offline meerschaum

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2003, 07:42:10 AM »
what attack? an attack on his character...and your  opinon of him directly reflects your anti-genesi mindset...

MY Problems with some people in the morph crowd are the constant drumbeat of false info that they spread.

maybe you should speak for yourself!!!

So your comments like most of the kind are again FALSE!! or deliberately misleading

again... speal for yourself

hmm Tom does have a kind of a shakey rep.
Tom claims on his web site to be in the business for 8 years but he just came to the New York a Amiga scene a few years ago. no idea where he came from.

two examples... although it dosent matter... you'll just ignore that and keep dragging this back to a 'genesi blah blah blah' thread...

Offline kokigami

• Show only replies by kokigami
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2003, 05:18:46 PM »
I think it was I who questioned Mr. Morris Rep.   Kurt concurred, though I don't know if he has had dealings or just spoken to those who have.

To be fair, magnetic7 had a rating of 181 last time i checked (today) with 261 positive and 31 negative comments.

ebay report magnetic7

That's over 10 % complaints. But a lot of people praised him. I didn't make my deal with him through ebay, unfortunately, or I would have had some recourse.

There was also som discussion of him on comp.sys.amiga.marketplace

Now, I don't think Mr. Morris is basically corrupt. Prior to his move to New York he went to school at fullsail in florida, though he is no longer listed among their "graduates on the move". If I recall he got a degree in comp anim, but, as I say, the info isn't there anymore.

He appears to have set up shop in new orleans for a bit before moving to his current digs in NYC.

So, he has a history as a member of the community, but a less than steller history as a businessman.  I have invited one of his amiga service customers to come by and give his story, but I don't know if he will. I only know it second hand.

Now, I didn't start this to destroy his rep.  I think he is a devoted Amigan, one of the faithful. And I really don't like airing all this publically.  But I think the community is too small to allow this to sit unnoticed.   One bad experience can create far too many anti platform feelings.

I will respond separately to Mr. Morris

Offline kokigami

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2003, 05:52:11 PM »
Kokigami
we sent out the a3000 way back when.. you never recieved it? I left ebay with a 160 feeback rating.. All the ebay foolishness made me step away from it. Tough dealing with some ppl. If you did not recieve your amiga we will replace it.
magnetic

What's this we? you got a mouse in your pocket?

I purchased the amiga with a postal money order in June of 2001. (btw, I  have reported it to the Postmaster as mail fraud - at the current rate of government action, expet to hear from them in 2549 - they may be the only organization slower than you.)
I had a vlab toccatta I was going to use with it.

By November 2001, after numerous apologies and delays on your part, I sent you a letter which stated that I no longer needed the 3000. I had, in fact, been forced to purchase something else to start video editing. I am not a pro, but even for an amatuer hobbiest that is a long wait.

I got one more email in Jan of 2002 again promising to ship and to send me a tracking number. I have contacted you several times since then, at least once through your ebay auction of an amiga 3000 (which didn't sell for your minimum bid) to remind you. Until this thread, you have ignored me.

The only reason we haven't be to court, is because flying out to NY is costly and time consuming.  Though I would be able to claim the expense on the suit, I have a family, and a minimum of two trips to the big apple will be a hassle.

I don't need the 3000 anymore (I bought a toaster flyer - anyone looking for a vlab toccatta?), but you do still have my money.  It would be nice to have it back.

If you are not financially solvent, and cannot refund my money, I will take the offer for a computer. But I will ask that it be shipped through a reputable and disinterested third party for inspection. (is anyone here reputable).

Offline magneticTopic starter

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2003, 09:11:39 PM »
Ok I'll look into it. We can go private here on out. I dont appreicate your public posting of my life story.. anyway.. we are commited to getting this straight..
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline lowvid747

• Show only replies by lowvid747
    • http://qaug.dyndns.org/qaug
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2003, 06:05:13 PM »
Just a word in defense of Magnetic: I've known him for a few years and consider him honest and trustworthy. There isn't a single Amiga dealer that I've dealt with who hasn't had a problem at one time or other. Magnetic is no different. He like most doing business with Amiga items tries to be fair and provide good service. I don't feel he deserves the bad rap some are giving him. (Cain't we awl jus git along?)

Offline kokigami

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2003, 06:34:15 PM »
actually, I am pleased to see someone rise to his defense. It helps me to believe he is slow and disorganized and not a scam. But he needs to respond to his mail, and deal with things, rather than hope they go away.

To Mr. Morris, I didn't mean to upset you with the history. In fact, in part, I was defending your claim of eight years in "business". But I also felt the record spoke best if simply put out there. We can take this private. I never really wanted to take it public. But I felt I had no choice.

Apologies to anyone here offended by this.

My email is on my profile. (yours is not, btw, seems like a good idea as a rep for MorphOS.)

Offline kokigami

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2003, 04:19:26 AM »
Poster: magnetic Date: 2003/7/9 15:11:39

Ok I'll look into it. We can go private here on out. I dont appreicate your public posting of my life story.. anyway.. we are commited to getting this straight...

Or not, I guess. After another week you still haven't tried to reach me, you have ignored my email and you don't answer your phone..

I guess I will have to go public again, since public is the only way to get you to deal with this...