Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New ClassicAmiga/Toaster and Pegasos Website w/Video Downloads!  (Read 2156 times)

Description:

Offline kokigami

• Show all replies
Well, I had been considering buying the MorphOS system, but now that I see that Mr. Tom Morris is attached to it, I will have to rethink...

Offline kokigami

• Show all replies
Re: New ClassicAmiga/Toaster and Pegasos Website w/Video Dow
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 06:57:54 PM »
It worries me when the "rep" is disreputable. He took my money for an amiga 3000 over two years ago, and has never shipped it. Now he ignores my email.  I have found several others with similar stories and he appears to have left ebay ("magnetic7") with an enormous number of complaints.

Poor customer service has been the bane of all things Amiga throughout it's history, and I see him as sign things won't change with Pegasos/Morphos.

Perhaps I am bitter..

Is there another US rep?

Offline kokigami

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 05:18:46 PM »
I think it was I who questioned Mr. Morris Rep.   Kurt concurred, though I don't know if he has had dealings or just spoken to those who have.

To be fair, magnetic7 had a rating of 181 last time i checked (today) with 261 positive and 31 negative comments.

ebay report magnetic7

That's over 10 % complaints. But a lot of people praised him. I didn't make my deal with him through ebay, unfortunately, or I would have had some recourse.

There was also som discussion of him on comp.sys.amiga.marketplace

Now, I don't think Mr. Morris is basically corrupt. Prior to his move to New York he went to school at fullsail in florida, though he is no longer listed among their "graduates on the move". If I recall he got a degree in comp anim, but, as I say, the info isn't there anymore.

He appears to have set up shop in new orleans for a bit before moving to his current digs in NYC.

So, he has a history as a member of the community, but a less than steller history as a businessman.  I have invited one of his amiga service customers to come by and give his story, but I don't know if he will. I only know it second hand.

Now, I didn't start this to destroy his rep.  I think he is a devoted Amigan, one of the faithful. And I really don't like airing all this publically.  But I think the community is too small to allow this to sit unnoticed.   One bad experience can create far too many anti platform feelings.

I will respond separately to Mr. Morris

Offline kokigami

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 05:52:11 PM »
Kokigami
we sent out the a3000 way back when.. you never recieved it? I left ebay with a 160 feeback rating.. All the ebay foolishness made me step away from it. Tough dealing with some ppl. If you did not recieve your amiga we will replace it.
magnetic

What's this we? you got a mouse in your pocket?

I purchased the amiga with a postal money order in June of 2001. (btw, I  have reported it to the Postmaster as mail fraud - at the current rate of government action, expet to hear from them in 2549 - they may be the only organization slower than you.)
I had a vlab toccatta I was going to use with it.

By November 2001, after numerous apologies and delays on your part, I sent you a letter which stated that I no longer needed the 3000. I had, in fact, been forced to purchase something else to start video editing. I am not a pro, but even for an amatuer hobbiest that is a long wait.

I got one more email in Jan of 2002 again promising to ship and to send me a tracking number. I have contacted you several times since then, at least once through your ebay auction of an amiga 3000 (which didn't sell for your minimum bid) to remind you. Until this thread, you have ignored me.

The only reason we haven't be to court, is because flying out to NY is costly and time consuming.  Though I would be able to claim the expense on the suit, I have a family, and a minimum of two trips to the big apple will be a hassle.

I don't need the 3000 anymore (I bought a toaster flyer - anyone looking for a vlab toccatta?), but you do still have my money.  It would be nice to have it back.

If you are not financially solvent, and cannot refund my money, I will take the offer for a computer. But I will ask that it be shipped through a reputable and disinterested third party for inspection. (is anyone here reputable).

Offline kokigami

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 06:34:15 PM »
actually, I am pleased to see someone rise to his defense. It helps me to believe he is slow and disorganized and not a scam. But he needs to respond to his mail, and deal with things, rather than hope they go away.

To Mr. Morris, I didn't mean to upset you with the history. In fact, in part, I was defending your claim of eight years in "business". But I also felt the record spoke best if simply put out there. We can take this private. I never really wanted to take it public. But I felt I had no choice.

Apologies to anyone here offended by this.

My email is on my profile. (yours is not, btw, seems like a good idea as a rep for MorphOS.)

Offline kokigami

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 04:19:26 AM »
Poster: magnetic Date: 2003/7/9 15:11:39

Ok I'll look into it. We can go private here on out. I dont appreicate your public posting of my life story.. anyway.. we are commited to getting this straight...

Or not, I guess. After another week you still haven't tried to reach me, you have ignored my email and you don't answer your phone..

I guess I will have to go public again, since public is the only way to get you to deal with this...