Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What the ?!?!?!  (Read 2271 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
What the ?!?!?!
« on: June 05, 2002, 12:22:22 PM »
If you're curious as to what in the world is going on here, it's fairly simple.  Upgrade time!  New little features abound, but (hopefully) nothing dangerous.

Report any and all oddities immediately via Private Message to Wayne

Offline The_Editor

• Show only replies by The_Editor
Re: What the ?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 12:49:17 PM »
Strange.  Why is it when I click on your "me" comment an Email to be sent to my SISTER appears on screen??    :-o
The Reluctant Pom

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 12:56:08 PM »
Seems Wayne set the mailto:  to "me".  Nobody is perfect. If you need to mail him try, wayne@amiga.org.
Kinda obvious, eh?

Offline Argo

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 12:56:48 PM »
The wait is over!  XOOPS RC3 is finally here with many enhancements to support your website  building needs.  The XOOPS team would like to thank everyone for the support and feedback  from RC2 which provided invaluable information for this release and our move towards a 1.0  release.

Just to get you up to speed, the XOOPS team opened up the testing to a greater number of  testers (our beta team) this time to make this release as clean and useable as possible. We  invited the official support sites and module developers to help test this release making  it one of the most complete and hopefully bug free to date. With the help of our beta team,  most translations and modules are ready for the RC3 release.  Keep you eyes on the forums  and news postings for module and other announcements.

Now, what's new? Not much on the outside but, we made significant enhancements to the core  system which we think will make us leaner and meaner going into 2002. Below are some  highlights of the changes:

- Upgrade script for RC2 - Optimized the DB structure
- Updated the admin system (major changes)
- Added a new Polls module
- Enhanced the forums (new sticky topic)
- Added a new mailing list module
- A completely new installation routine (no more editing of files!)
- User avatar uploads
- New module installer (now creates, prefixes tables and removes tables upon deletion)
- Enhanced user menu system
- And more......

That's about it. Please visit our site at http://www.xoops.org/ for more details

Thanks,
XOOPS Team

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2002, 03:33:46 PM »
Hey, the page header looks OK now (Moz/Galeon)! And a XOOPS version supporting avatar uploads - w00t! Now you can delete those damn Che Guevara piccies, Wayne... ;)

But what happened to the signatures?
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline Argo

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2002, 04:08:05 PM »
My sig is still listed with my account. It might just be some feature that needs to be turned on, like the  staff listing. Besides it's an upgrade, got to expect a few bumps. Don't get any ideas for a personal avatar just yet. I can think of a few reasons not to allow uploads.
Just give it a few days for Wayne to get the wrinkles from the upgrade ironed out.

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2002, 04:20:38 PM »
Argo wrote:
Don't get any ideas for a personal avatar just yet. I can think of a few reasons not to allow uploads.

Well, the message you just replied to has an uploaded avatar. ;)
I think the currently max allowed 120x120 px @ 15 kB is way too generous though! Shifting a busload of that large pictures will be an unnecessary strain on the server/bandwidth, as well as a pain to read the messages, especially for modem users.

Just give it a few days for Wayne to get the wrinkles from the upgrade ironed out.

I'm in no hurry! ;) Though the more wrinkles pointed out, the bigger chance of seeing them ironed out.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2002, 07:00:37 PM »
Well, I guess that's what happened last evening while I was posting.  I hit the submit button and got a white page.  Then went back to the main Amiga.org page and it had a big warning at the top in red letters "The file install.php exists on your hard drive.  You should remove it for security reasons"  

That may not have been the exact wording, but something like it.  I thought we had been hacked or maybe even I had been,  :lol:
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline ilgulamc

• Show only replies by ilgulamc
    • http://digilander.iol.it/ilgulamc
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2002, 07:30:59 PM »
Well, the message you just replied to has an uploaded avatar. ;)

me too, is cool i like this feat!
Assai sa\\\' chi sa\\\' che non sa\\\'

Offline ilgulamc

• Show only replies by ilgulamc
    • http://digilander.iol.it/ilgulamc
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2002, 10:09:22 PM »
So, it seems that Ann.lu decided to put 10 comments per page and Amiga.org that used to be like that goes ex ann.lu's way offering all comments on one page.

I like it better, specially because it's pretty annoying to change page everytime, and i find there is more interactivity this way. and also if there are 50 comments people will be able to reply to comment number 5 without the need to go back 5 pages.
 :-)
Assai sa\\\' chi sa\\\' che non sa\\\'