Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (RFD) Amiga.org 11.0 beta  (Read 5856 times)

Description:

Offline guru-666

• Show only replies by guru-666
Re: (RFD) Amiga.org 11.0 beta
« Reply #44 from previous page: May 16, 2009, 12:52:57 AM »
Well then, I can't tell it's broken....
no fuss or any such thing, calm down mind police.

Still feel that its an overreaction, but what ever wyane wants to do...

Tiss my opinion that the site does not need a new look it works well for me.  If it's broken for you, I'm sorry.

Infact I much prefer the look we have right now over the beta site wyane posted... which is confusing and less usable.  Voted that way also.

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2009, 01:14:23 AM »

guru-666 wrote:
Why,
why any of this?  What exactly is the benefit? An even better question, what wrong with the site right now.
Don't get it......  less Amiga friendly?  WTF am I missing?  I have used this site for years with out problems... now we need to upgrade..... Almost as silly as "upgrading" to  vista while XP is working well.........

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

As has been explained, Wayne's host is changing software and the existing software upon which the site is built will cease to function afterward through no fault of Wayne's. So if it's not broken now it soon will be unless Wayne intervenes with this migration. It's all here... just read.  :roll:

Offline steve30

• Show only replies by steve30
    • http://www.stevecoates.net
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2009, 01:30:13 AM »
Why,
why any of this? What exactly is the benefit? An even better question, what wrong with the site right now.
Don't get it...... less Amiga friendly? WTF am I missing? I have used this site for years with out problems... now we need to upgrade..... Almost as silly as "upgrading" to vista while XP is working well.........

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

I quite aggree with guru-666.

But then I have never really been a fan of vBuletin.

I suppose all will be fine as long as it all works correctly.

The font in the logo on the new site really must be changed though. Its not that I dislike fonts like that (I had Topaz set as my Windows font for the last few months and quite enjoyed it), but I don't think it really fits in very well.

I prefer the theme on the existing site, and I would like it if the new site could be made to somehow resemble it, but I do like the colour scheme on the new site. It could all be alot worse.