Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: amiga.org rip-off?  (Read 4454 times)

Description:

Offline ncafferkey

• Show only replies by ncafferkey
Re: amiga.org rip-off?
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 29, 2009, 12:05:18 AM »

taunusand wrote:
Check out EAB
It's also a very good Amiga related site :-)

They've got an awful attitude there IMO. They automatically disable accounts if you don't post frequently enough for their liking, and it's been known for anyone expressing an interest in OS4 (or any non-68k Amiga-like OS) to be very aggressively flamed.

Offline taunusand

• Show only replies by taunusand
    • www.amiga.dk
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »

ncafferkey wrote:

They've got an awful attitude there IMO. They automatically disable accounts if you don't post frequently enough for their liking, and it's been known for anyone expressing an interest in OS4 (or any non-68k Amiga-like OS) to be very aggressively flamed.

I have not been in any OS4 threads at EAB, so I can't argue with that, but my info at EAB:
Total Posts: 29
And my account has not been disabled :-D
A1200, Blizzard 030, 2+32MB ram, 4GB CF, pcmcia netcard, Kickstart 3,1
A600, 2MB chip ram+4Mb pcmcia S-RAM, Kickstart 3,1
CD32 - Just for fun  :-D

Offline arnljot

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 06:54:56 PM »

FAQ EAB Account wrote:
One member will be removed from the EAB if :

* User has not posted enough (< 10 posts) and his last EAB visit is more than two months old.
    * User lowers the quality of the discussion by posting stupid, repeated off-topic posts, and flame-wars.
    * User doesn't seem to be interested in the Amiga or retro-gaming world.

(The 10 posts number is too low, it is the typical result of someone who makes three questions, two answers, and never comes back here. Those people are not considered as real members)

Inactive "members" with a very low post number will be removed without any notice. We do not want to see those cadavers here, like in the majority of "big" internet forums, with at least 50% of dead or fake members.

Those users that create multiple accounts for any purpose (specially for trolling or "messing around") will be warned and/or banned, depending on the "havoc" they cause.

These rules made it so that my account there was deleted. And I had to make myself a new one. I find it kinda harsh. But it's their site, so their rules. I still find it valuable to be a member there.

A post by "deleted Arnljot"

Now I haven't posted anything, but I log on once in a while as a "heart beat".
A posting a day keeps the sanity away...
http://www.arnljot.com