Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another potential Amiga presence on Youtube, w/ some problems....  (Read 2197 times)

Description:

Offline kvasirTopic starter

• Show only replies by kvasir
    • http://watertonian.freeiz.com/1200brag/index.html
Hello all, I have a few questions about Youtube, iff anim5, and audio. I've recently done a video making fun of my sister-in-laws obese overfed fish in Deluxe Paint IV, used some aminet proggy to convert it into an .mpg clip, and uploaded it to Youtube. (click here to see it) Unfortunatly, it seems really grainy, and the framerate is way too high. (I dropped the number of frames in half, and thought I did the same for the framerate, but I guess it didn't work that way) Also, I wanted to add audio sound effects and background music to some future work I'm planning on, and was wondering if I already have software to do this? I have Deluxe Paint IV, Adpro2, ImageFX2, and some other odds and ends. Also if I can get ffmpeg to work right (it crashes every time I use it), I might be able to upload AVI files for better resolutions, and also ffmpeg seems to be able to include .wav or .mp3 files when compiling a clip. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
--
Amiga 1200T 68060 50MHZ 192MB Fast
 40GB IDE, 100MB Zip, CD/RW, DVD/Rom
 Mediator+ 4MBSVGA, Soundblaster, 100mbps Ethernet
 Subway USB+ endless list of gadgets :-D
My full specs

Offline Wilse

Re: Another potential Amiga presence on Youtube, w/ some problems....
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 05:52:08 PM »
@kvasir:

I just watched the video and I can see what you mean but I'm afraid I haven't a clue how to help. None of my youtube videos utilised an amiga.

I'm sure someone here'll be able to help you though.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
Try converting it to an mp4. Not sure what there is on the Amiga for mp4 converstion. Make sure the bitrate for the file is 1000Mb/s or slightly higher.

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:38:05 PM »
Youtube recompresses the video, so chances are that already present artifacts (MPEG-1 is prone to that) are emphasized and amplified. With Argo's method you'll make sure that artifact/noise levels are low which should yield a much better quality output. Actually you should avoid MPEG-1 except for extremely low resolutions/bitrates as the quality is quite lousy.

Additionally, they're probably unable to handle MPEG videos with weird frame rates - I'm not at all sure if the standard even allows for this. If you have no frames in-between, just double every frame.

Offline jmbattle

• Show only replies by jmbattle
    • http://www.amigainabox.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 04:43:47 AM »
I would suggest saving the animation frames as separate files, then bringing rebuilding the anim on another system that supports different video formats.  This would also allow you to add sound effects, music etc.

Cheers,
James
x

Offline Amigamia

• Show only replies by Amigamia
    • http://www.arosworld.org
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 04:53:49 AM »

kvasir wrote:
Hello all, I have a few questions about Youtube, iff anim5, and audio. I've recently done a video making fun of my sister-in-laws obese overfed fish in Deluxe Paint IV, used some aminet proggy to convert it into an .mpg clip, and uploaded it to Youtube. (click here to see it) Unfortunatly, it seems really grainy, and the framerate is way too high. (I dropped the number of frames in half, and thought I did the same for the framerate, but I guess it didn't work that way) Also, I wanted to add audio sound effects and background music to some future work I'm planning on, and was wondering if I already have software to do this? I have Deluxe Paint IV, Adpro2, ImageFX2, and some other odds and ends. Also if I can get ffmpeg to work right (it crashes every time I use it), I might be able to upload AVI files for better resolutions, and also ffmpeg seems to be able to include .wav or .mp3 files when compiling a clip. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Upload it on vimeo.com
Check out  AROSWORLD.ORG

Offline Amiduffer

• Show only replies by Amiduffer
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 05:55:38 AM »
After converting a DPaint anim into a GIF anim, I used the slow by 1/2 feature in Windows Movie Maker to make it viewable.
Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »

Amigamia wrote:

Upload it on vimeo.com

How does that make it more viewable on YouTube?
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 06:48:23 PM »
Well, if you can get the MPG to look decent and you have a Windows machine you could try using this http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/ to convert it to AVI first.  It's free and works great.

YouTube seems to like these type of videos a lot better.  That is assuming the original MPG you made looks ok and this is just an issue of it looking bad once you upload it to YouTube.  Otherwise??

A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 08:49:31 PM »
@all

Wow. I don't log in for a couple of days, and find out about alot of ideas. Thanks for the help! :-D I believe ffmpeg (both win/amiga) versions support both .mp4 and .avi, I just need to track down whats causing it to crash & burn, probably some commodity that doesn't agree with it, wouldn't think Fblit would be a problem, as it shouldn't be using any gfx memory anyway. As far as the conversion goes, I use DPIV to save the anim5, then to save as individual frames, and then Adpro to convert to .jpg for re-compiling into mpg, which ffmpeg should be able to do when I get that fixed. Thanks for all the info about Youtubes re-compression, and the advise concerning the framerate! I'll also use a lower jpeg compression with adpro, or use the sview5 jpeg 2000 save module. Might seem a bit "Amiga Addicted" to do as much as I possibly can on the 'ol 1200 (which I do admit to a certain degree), however my WinXP laptop is rather ailing at the moment, and also suffers from some hardware problems, making the trusty 1200 a bit more reliable. I've also toyed with the idea of manually editing a (huge) .8svx file to be played simultaneously via script when launching the animation, and then converting it to .wav when re-compiling the converted .jpg files into .avi/.mp4, was just hoping there would be a bit more elequent solution than this. I have some older animation software that doesn't seem to like AOS3.9 a whole lot, but I'll try to get it to work: (Animagic, SCALAMM, etc...) If I do find anything else that works better, I'll also post up here for the next guy doing Amiga anims. Thanks again for all the help!  :-)
--
My full specs

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 05:41:44 PM »
Tried this again, this time with my Tinkerbell animation. After I uploaded it, I noticed the "best formats" link in the upload page, and looked at it. Seems they really do like mpeg4, and a higher resolution. Also the clips seem to run @ 25FPS, where my anim5 was set to 10. And a higher resolution would help, they want around 640x480 for lower res, and I uploaded 320x200. If I crank the res to this, and double the frames it should have decent quality and playback. I couldn't get ffmpeg to do mpeg4, though. I used this:
ffmpeg -i tinkframesjpg/tinkerbell%d3.jpg ram:tinkerbell.mpg -f mpeg4, and it either gurus or complains that it doesn't know the mpeg4 codec. This one I uploaded as a qucktime anim using Anim2qt. Anybody else succesfully use ffmpeg on an Amiga?
--
My full specs