Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: !@#% eBay or Why Piracy Makes Sense  (Read 4222 times)

Description:

Offline matthey

• Show all replies
Re: !@#% eBay or Why Piracy Makes Sense
« on: March 06, 2008, 12:45:51 AM »

hardlink wrote:
Come to think of it, I shipped (at my expense :-/ ) a OS 3.5 developer an A4000 to develop on.

Thank you and bless you. If we had more like you in the Amiga community, the Amiga would rise again.

@all
I use a real Amiga and for more than just games and nostalgia. The hardware is expensive but retains it's value well and there is some very good productive software for the Amiga that is cheap. I don't see using abandoned ware as pirating but I try to support the Amiga software developers that still support the Amiga. I don't see Amiga developers as wasting their time as most developed software can or could be run on AmigaOS4 with minimal changes. I keep investing in the Amiga and what I invest in has a habit of becoming very valuable. Don't give up on the Amiga.

Offline matthey

• Show all replies
Re: !@#% eBay or Why Piracy Makes Sense
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 04:23:20 AM »

gdanko wrote:
...I gave good friend of mine a CyberStorm MkIII for his 3000T because he uses it on a pretty regular basis...

That's Amiga saint hood right there! Most Amigans would give their left arm for one. I just clocked mine up to 80 MHz tonight. The 68060 is a pretty nice processor after it gets up to speed.

I also gave a fully loaded mint condition A2000 68040 to a friend of mine who used to work for Amiga, Inc... he got rid of everything out of anger when Gateway screwed Amiga over but saw my stuff and wanted to get back into the scene.

Too many good people and developers have been screwed over and lost money with the Amiga. It's too bad because if we all worked together we would all benefit.