Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi from Coastal, NC  (Read 860 times)

Description:

Offline nc88keyzTopic starter

• Show only replies by nc88keyz
Hi from Coastal, NC
« on: January 29, 2008, 05:56:48 AM »
My first Amiga was the A1000. I had a the non stereo version of the monitor. When it crapped out somewhere around 2001, I chucked it in the nearest dumpster and up the amiga went. I never liked the composite video quality. Then from there I blame Mr. Gates for my lack of productivity.

Anyways, I like many never had the money for the peripherals and such for the amiga. I could afford amiga format at 14.99 for a copy at the local news stand and I could afford gas and blank discs for the next swap meet.

I paid for my first amiga 1000 i think 450.xx It came with  a monitor the system, and some joysticks and couple boxes of software. I think the guy was upgrading to a 2000 or something. It was the first computer I bought with my job money. My parents took 80% of all payroll as a kid and banked it for me.

Fast Forward to 2008. Im 32 Years old, and Bananas about my Retro Amigan Dayze. I picked up a cd32, and an sx-1. Not sure if I will keep or resell. Really think I want an a1200 now, But there is plenty of them still kickin, So I have options.

I also have other things that plug into the wall that burn holes in my wallet.

I used programs like BarsNPipes, Octamed, Soundscape Pro, Deluxe Music Construction Set, etc.

Games: Speedball II, Lemmings, SuperCars, Out of this World or "another world" on Amiga, Dragons Lair, Alot of games I couldnt run without xtra memory. Didnt have money for that either really or didnt budget for it. Lotus Turbo Challenge III was fun as well. I want to experience most of it over again. Even the Guru Meditation Errors and viruses.

Glad to be see Amigas are healthy everywhere. I watched "Deathbed vidual and it got me remembering the good ole days. I never had a modem for the amiga, but i know what a bbs was used for in my young whippersnapper days. ;)

I think I speak for many, I liked things when they were simple, Pre Windows, and Pre Internet.

Thats about all for now.
Josh

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
Re: Hi from Coastal, NC
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 04:39:33 PM »
Hi from Minnesota!

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
Re: Hi from Coastal, NC
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:18:18 AM »
Welcome from Sydney Australia.  :-D
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D