Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hgcsales on ebay.....  (Read 6068 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
Re: hgcsales on ebay.....
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 07:40:13 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, that 4000's been listed more than once now.

Offline meega

• Show only replies by meega
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »
@tokyoracer

Please fix that link.
:)

Offline BodyHammeR

• Show only replies by BodyHammeR
    • http://members.home.nl/darknessgod/
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 08:10:03 PM »

Gwion wrote:
A hard drive for the Atari ST would sell for between $125 to $180 by itself, especially a SupraDrive Atari Hard Disk. A nice Atari monochrome monitor sells for between $25 to $65.

Wow. This would mean the junk in my room is worth way more than I thought!

I AM A RICH MAN! YAAAAY!

;-)
暗黒の破壊神 - The Handsome Hero always wins!

Amiga 500 [PAL]
 - Kickstart v1.2 / Unidentified 512k trapdoor thing
Amiga 1200 [PAL]
 - Kickstart v3.0 / Micronik RCA120 (8Mb) / 400Mb HDD

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 08:49:45 PM »
Funny thing is he "will not let this fabulous Amiga 4000 computer go for less then $499.95", yet the auction has a Best Offer option.   :crazy:

Oh well, good luck with the auction.  
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline hamtronix

• Show only replies by hamtronix
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 09:21:19 PM »
we should all offer a 1$ and see if he will smash it and upload the video to youtube!!
CD TV / Remote / Trackball Remote / Keyboard / CDTV 1411 External Drive / C= 1405 256K RAM / Smell the fear!

Offline Ken86Stang

• Show only replies by Ken86Stang
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 09:37:36 PM »
I offered him 125..  See what he says!  :-P

Offline spihunterTopic starter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 10:10:44 PM »
@Ken86Stang,

Man, is that going to make him mad. Expect a response with lots O' cussing :-o

Offline WotTheFook

• Show only replies by WotTheFook
    • http://www.amibay.com
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »
The guy is a waste of air and skin, always has been, always will be, it's knobs like him that drive prices up and {bleep} the whole market up for us all.

WTF

Offline amesie2

• Show only replies by amesie2
    • http://www.amiga.org
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 11:27:23 PM »
I asked him some questions a couple days before the auction ended and it was relisted. I never heard a word from him.

I wanted to know if both floppies were HD and if they worked. I also inquired about a mouse and I think the harddrive.

I got NOTHING!

Offline Ken86Stang

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2007, 01:22:36 AM »
Actually the only reply I got back was "Lol!"  I like how someone asked him if the stand was included.  I was gonna do that!

Offline Ken86Stang

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2007, 01:23:58 AM »
spihunter:

That's what I was hoping for.  :lol:

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2007, 06:25:59 AM »
@Fook,

I cannot really agree with the idea that he as a seller is one of the ones that drives up prices.  I believe his $500 A4000 has been re-listed once, so obviously people are not falling for his crap.

Either that, or someone who would have agreed to his out-dated and dubious payment terms asked him an honest question and he struck back at them with the venom that is his standard.

The guy is full of fecal matter of the highest stench.  I have seen MUCH better A4000's than his sell for what he is asking for what appears to be a bog-standard setup, excepting for the second floppy -- which still does not merit the asking price.

He is a putz and trying to squeeze as much as he can from those who still carry the faith.  He seems to me to be the kind of guy who would put an Atari 2600 Pac-Man cartridge up, list it as "rare" and/or "vintage" and demand $40 or more for it because it is still in the box.  Even though the damned things are as common as boogers and as rare as Brittany Spears court documents.

Of course, I am preaching to the choir and echoing the sentiments of many before me.  Some may see my diatribe as a waste of time, effort, and bandwidth, but a body will continue to react to a cancer until it goes away.  As does my mind.

I just wish there was some way to publicly out him in a way that would actually affect his ability to sell and buy Amiga.  I heard he uses intimidation tactics on buyers and sellers alike.  Were doing so not a real waste of effort, I would enjoy getting into a row with him just so I could squash him.

Offline WotTheFook

• Show only replies by WotTheFook
    • http://www.amibay.com
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2007, 10:53:04 AM »
@ George

I got your e-mail, I think it's nice that you treat everyone with equal contempt, at least you are consistent. I am somewhat surprised that you chose to confront me via e-mail instead of this thread, was there a reason for this perhaps???

Judging by the way you reply to questions in your auctions I am surprised you are allowed to trade on Ebay at all. I may be a n00b on here, that doesn't mean I am a n00b elsewhere, does it?

In spite of what you said in your e-mail (which i won't post here for your sake) most of the community think you aren't ethical, the fact that you have changed Ebay accounts so many times speaks volumes more that you ever could....

I will not descend to your level of insults and obscenities in e-mails and posts, you are only undermining your own credibility.

Perhaps if you treated people the way you expect to be treated then things could be different, or maybe you are doing this already....

I think some anger management is in order for you. Now go and insult someone else.

WTF

Offline spihunterTopic starter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »
Its down to $399!!!

Doomy A4000 auction

Come on, someone buy! Doomy needs some Christmas cash.
You'll probably get it sometime in March.

:lol:

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2007, 06:59:31 PM »
@WTF
Oh go on, post his email :-)

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline ShawnDude

• Show only replies by ShawnDude
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 03, 2007, 07:32:27 PM »
The current auction question.

"Q:  Do you still have the key for the computer? Do you still have software that came with the machine? Thanks.
A:   If I had the key, I would sell it on eBay for $15 to $25. Workbench 3.1 is already installed on the hard drive. You should already be familiar with this method, because this is the way modern PC computers are set up. You do not get the software CD or disks. You have to pay extra for them."

$15 to $25 for a generic key????  :lol:
No software disk, because current systems don't provide a disk unless you pay extra??? All systems I bought, even current ones come with recovery CDs. And anyway, how does that matter to a system from 20+ years ago that when sold came with the system disks?

But at least he responds to this question.

"Q:  Hi again, would you throw in the stand as well? my drives would fit great under them!
A:   Yes, but it would have to be shipped in a box by itself. I am sure that you would not want the stand to rub on or damage the Amiga 4000 computer. You will need the stand for the Amiga 4000, because without it, the keyboard blocks access to the disk drives, especially the lower one."

Though he doesn't mention how much extra that stand would cost you. It appears to be 2 2x4's about 2 foot long each, and 2 1x12's about as wide as the keyboard, plus a few screws.  So it would cost about $20 to build 2 of them. It would have been better to have it so the keyboard could slide under the computer to get it out of the way when you don't need it.