Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Octamed suggestions wanted  (Read 3054 times)

Description:

Offline ElZorroTopic starter

• Show only replies by ElZorro
Re: Octamed suggestions wanted
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 09, 2007, 12:18:14 PM »
@spihunter!

Can you tell me where to download Octamed SoundStudio V7 (higher than v5) with the useable manuel and extra's ?
:-?
I also need a good example (or manuel) how to set the Blizzard 1230 in the best way to use it's 64mb fastmemory to load bigger samples (I've tried this before in another thread but could not find the right direction/answer)
Maybe with drawings or an telletubie word document so I can read it like it is!
I am not so technical as I look like, you know!
 :-D
Do I also need to know which programme(s) I need to use full memory abilities?

please tell me :idea:

Gr. Frisby (ElZorro)
A1200,int. HD 250MB + ext. HD 2 GB SCSI
Blizzard 1230 Phase IV+SCSI 64 MB RAM
Yamaha PSR-540 + CASIO MT-640
C=64(brown and gray model) & A500

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: Octamed suggestions wanted
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 01:03:55 PM »

motorollin wrote:
Thinking again about this, putting the sample in Fast RAM would allow you to use more than 2MB of samples, but each sample would still have to be less than 2MB in size since it would have to be copied back to Chip RAM before it will be acessible by Paula.

--
moto

I don't think the FastMemPlay option works that way. You set a copy buffer for it and samples are played back via this buffer, so your sample can be as large as your free fast memory allows.

If you use SoundStudio and have the thing set to Mix mode, there are no meaningful restrictions on sample size (other than free memory) since all the mixing is done in fast and the resulting stream played via a small chip buffer.

Regarding the question about banks, the extended preset option in Soundstudio doesn't seem to generate meaningful bank select messages as far as XG is concerned.

The easiest solutions are

1) Set up everything on the keyboard and then save a bulk dump along with the song.

2) Assign one of the assignable controllers (at least in Soundstudio) to send the Bank Select messages that are understood by your device.

I generally use the former method for my XG kit as I have all the assignable controllers already used up.
int p; // A