Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: German Ebayer - amix68k  (Read 5235 times)

Description:

Offline jimbo100Topic starter

• Show only replies by jimbo100
German Ebayer - amix68k
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:53:37 PM »
Anyone had much to do with the German ebayer by the name of amix68k ?

Offline Donar

• Show only replies by Donar
Re: German Ebayer - amix68k
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »
No, but what's up?
<- Amiga 1260 / CD ->
Looking for:
A1200/CF CFV4/@200,256MB,eAGA,SATA,120GB,AROS :D

Offline Amigaz

• Show only replies by Amigaz
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:08:54 PM »
Nope but he seem to bid on almost every Amiga auction I look at  :-o
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Amiga 4000T - A3640 '040
Amiga 4000 - CS MKIII
Amiga 1200 - Blizzard 1230 MKIV
Amiga 1200 - Stock
Amiga CD32 - TF360
A bunch of ol' A500's

Offline Lemmink

• Show only replies by Lemmink
    • http://www.lemmink.joice.net
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:40:53 PM »
Have had quite some business with him. Mostly through amiga-news.de and not Ebay. He is quite relyable, never had a problem buing things from him.
Not really interesting, but it`s there.
http://www.lemmink.joice.net

Offline hakker

• Show only replies by hakker
    • http://amiga-hardware.info
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 10:32:48 PM »
Same here..

I only have good things to say about him. :-)

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 12:08:49 AM »
Purchased a PIV card from him on Ebay, card is dead.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220104798285&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

It looks like this card which was dead when he bought it.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180094694368

He claims they are different boards and that he bought the one he sent me from a user group and that he used it for a long time!

At the time he offered me a A4000 mainboard which guess what, is also dead!  He claims he took it out of a working machine and stored it but when I received it it was missing jumpers and the kickstart socket is broken which he didn't tell me about at the time of purchase.

When I questioned him about the jumpers he claims that he may have removed them but does not answer me about the kickstart socket damage.

He is an Amiga user who sells a lot of gear but for some reason he doesn't test some things.  Looking back thru his feedback there are a few complaints of him selling dud gear which he simply replays as untested and bad luck for the buyer.

He certainly doesnt help the Amiga cause and now he is also telling me bad luck.

It leaves a sour taste in my mouth and down $420+.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 02:43:42 AM »
He's the one selling 1Mbitx1 ZIPs that he claimed to be compatible with the A3000 but that are in fact totally incompatible.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 12:35:38 PM »
Of course I have quizzed him all all this and asked for a refund  but when I get home tonight I see he has put an eBay dispute in saying I haven't paid for the items when I have lodged a dispute with paypal?

Surely eBay can see that I have paid using Paypal?  Talk about childish, this guy is completly dishonest!

One to watch out for guys!!

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »
And he's still trying to push his MCM511000 ZIP chips which can destroy an Amiga 3000...

See item 220116843536

A 3000 requires 514400 ZIP chips...

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »
Some of his feedback from eBay that I have found (translated with AltaViata)

1. Supply and completion of OK ONE. Commodity clearly defectively!
2. Board very worst than the description and NOT WORKING -- very BAD --never again
3. The non removable disk was unfortunately operatingunable, went more zurueck(aber still no money)....
4. Defective commodity supplied!! Stirs up off (function of a Festpl can. n. examine)
5. commodity defectively therefore neutrally
6. Quick supply, good packing. But the commodity is defective unfortunately. Harm
7. Commodity as lack those were not indicated. Equipment in no good condition

Sometimes the negative feedback tells you a whole lot more about a person than the positive stuff esp when it's the same negative feedback.  No one can be that unlucky with things breaking between him selling and the goods arriving!

There are many more but the common theme is he is not adverse to buying faulty gear and selling it again simply claiming untested and responds with each feedback with the same line, "Sales without function warranty"

Dishonest people need to be avoided, they ruin the whole Amiga exprience!

ONE TO STAY WELL CLEAR OFF!

Offline doctorq

• Show only replies by doctorq
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 05:19:41 PM »
I actually bid on a motherboard he had for sale on ebay, and unfortunately I didn't read through the whole auction description. Anyway, it turned out I won the motherboard, and I looked the auction over, and stumbled across the words "Ohne funktionsgarantie" which means without guarantee of it working or something similar. I started to dig into his feedback, and saw his negative feedback, which looks like things he is selling "ohne funktionsgarantie" means more or less defective.

I took the discussion up with him, and he started with some vague reasons, like he had also sold items "ohne funktionsgarantie" which were working fine. All he could dig up was some auctions ending at around 15-20 USD, so nothing most people would cry about. I was amazed by some of the auctions he got a negative feedback on, as it was a zorro card, and he claimed that his A4000 didn't have zorro slots at the time of testing, becuase he had switched to PCI (no A4k pci solution is without zorro slots). As I asked, he said that he only had an A2k at the time of the auction; again very questionable. And finally, the same time the a4k motherboard I bid on, he had a z2 scsi controller for sale, which he surprisingly had have the time to test. In the end, all of this doesn't make any sense to me, so I decided to accept the negative feedback I might get, and save my 150 USD the auction would have set me back. Unfortunately another user will most likely end up with the dead motherboard :-(

Bottom line and sorry to say it, I cought him lying enough times through the emails sent back and forth, that I would ever trust him.

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 01:11:18 AM »
You should have warned us users!!!!

I noticed you didn't get any negative feedback.  You were right the mainboard is dead and I have a dispute with Paypal who have removed the money from his account.  He has now opened a dispute in eBay claming I haven't paid for the item stating I have made a withdrawal from his paypal account. I wish!  

Clearly he has no idea about how Paypal works. I offered to send the boards back asking for a refund minus postage.  He basically told me that there was nothing he could do and that I must have made a mistake.  The board has a broken kickstart socket which he forgot to tell me about.  I should have checked his feedback more closely but I needed an A4000 mainboard.  In the end I have nothing but empty bank account!

Offline amix68k

• Show only replies by amix68k
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 02:25:06 PM »
I will only write in this thread once, as I am not used in washing dirty dishes in public. Also I am no native english speaker so please apologize for my bad english.

Friends and amiga-collectors have pointed me to this thread and I have registered here because I think this should not be left unanswered.

James on 31.05.2007 (which is exact the date of your posting here), you sent a mail that the board is not working. I sent you a mail asking some questions (was the parcel damaged, did you make mistakes in assembling the boards, etc.). You answered none of my questions. Instead you began to rant about betrayal and started to insult me.

After that you told me, that you will begin to start a campaign of character assisination, which starts here I think.

To the board I sold you: a Picasso IV, tested and in good condition sells on ebay germany for about Euro 200,- and up (about USD 250,-). You won the auction for a fracture of that, because the card was offered UNTESTED. Now you are angry, because the card does not work (which I cannot believe really, as the card was pulled from a working system), which I can understand. But as you do not answer questions on the topic, I am not able to help you. I assume it is only a little problem, but to avoid problems I offered the card UNTESTED and explicitly without working garuantee. This was stated in the auction and as you are not a german native speaker, I told you so via mail more than once and you confirmed that.

I sent you proofs that the both cards you mentioned in the different auctions are not the same, but you keep ignoring them. As the police detective you claim to be you should react different.

As for paypal: you are right, I do not have experience with such a situation, as I never had any complaints like this.

I apologize to the members here who are bored by such a thread, but I had to clearify this.

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »
Oh I can't let this go without rebuttal!

amix68k wrote:

James on 31.05.2007 (which is exact the date of your posting here), you sent a mail that the board is not working. I sent you a mail asking some questions (was the parcel damaged, did you make mistakes in assembling the boards, etc.).

Really, funny, the email I have from you says something very different.  You never asked me about the condition of the parcel?  I advised you the board was dead and your response was, "Are you sure? Did you make any mistakes in putting the things together?"

I replied no that I didn't make mistakes and your next reply was, "At first, I am sorry, that you have problems withe the two boards. But I cannot be of much help"

I answered all your questions, the trouble I asked a lot more and got these responses!

You then went to rant about selling untested boards etc and paying a fraction etc.  You never confirmed anything prior in fact I clearly asked you if they worked prior to paying and shipping to which you replied, "Both boards were pulled from working systems a few weeks ago"

I have all the emails here.  

I notice you didn't comment about the claims of doctorq but thats your style isn't it.  Avoid the hard questions.  So whats with the dispute on eBay then?

I find your comments on eBay thou quite disturbing thou.  You stated that I had committed a crime when the money was withdrawn out of your account by Paypal.  I of course advised you that it was called fraud when you sold faulty goods as working and your response,

"Fraud would be, if I sold the cards to you fully working. But I sold the cards as "not tested".

So is this an admission the boards were not working?  Couldn't you have tested in the A2000 you mentioned in this thread!

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29540

The board worked fine in my A2000 (Blizzard 060, CV64/3D, VLabt-Motion, Toccata and X-Surf), so PSU seems no problem

At least now Amiga users will now know what you mean as "untested"

Point in case thou, the Amiga 4000 mainboard was not won in an action, doctorq won that.  You just offered it to me when he pulled out and we now know why.  I clearly asked you if it was working.

Anyway I will be sending both boards to Amiga France for them to check out.  Now if they report they are faulty and tell me why then will you take them back minus postage?

Yes or no? Am I being unreasonable?

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 04:16:48 PM »
@amix68k

I'd contacted you some months ago about the 511000 chips not being compatible to Amiga 3000 - please stop offering those chips! They may be compatible with some extension boards but they're not with an A3k and never will be.

If you don't, I'll buy a set and then you owe me an A3000...

btw: 'without warranty' means exactly that: if the board stops working after some time, it's the buyer's problem. But if it doesn't work right away, it's the seller's problem because he sold it as 'used' which doesn't mean 'dead'. If you have hardware that's dead or untested, sell it as such and not as 'used, no warranty'.
Read eBay's comments, they say the same thing.