Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AFA Setup help - morelibspace  (Read 5722 times)

Description:

Offline CoolitTopic starter

• Show only replies by Coolit
Re: AFA Setup help - morelibspace
« Reply #44 from previous page: May 28, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »
@bernd_afa
I stripped out all the additional fonts that I had added and tried with only the default fonts that came with AFA_OS, still the same problem with diskfont.

I've tested morelibspace with blitzkick and it's not working unfortunately, is this problem related to the code that Piru highlighted?

@Piru or bernd_afa
Do I need to pass any special arguments to blizkick? and should I position the C:morelibspace before setpatch or after blizkick? (I know there was some talk about this earlier).

[color=0066FF]The System:[/color][/u]

A1200/DBOX - B1260/SCSI/198MB Mediator/Voodoo5500/SB128/100NIC/SpiderII FAST ATA Mk3/SCSI Adapter/PC KEY - IDE DVD/SCSI CDRW/80GB IDE HDD/9GIG 10k SCSI HDD - 3.1 ROMS/OS 3.9 - Logitech KB + MX1000 Mouse

Offline jmbattle

• Show only replies by jmbattle
    • http://www.amigainabox.co.uk
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2007, 03:42:58 PM »
Bernd, thank you for your prompt response.

The most recent version of AIAB is the one that I uploaded a few hours ago, however this is based on AIAB r10.5 - the last 'official' release.

I have not experienced any issues with AfA-OS until now.

Finally, am I still required to use morelibspace if I am using  Scalos, and do not have the 'icon_lib.exe' installed?  As stated previously, v3.95 performed beautifully - it is just the single 'diskfont_lib.exe' from v3.96 that has introduced problems.

Kind regards,
James
x

EDIT: Indeed, adding c:morelibspace REBOOT to the startup-sequence addresses things, however I do not see why this should now be required if it was not necessary with v3.95 - I was under the impression that morelibspace was simply introduced in v3.94 to allow for the larger, updated icon.library (PNG icons etc.), yet was otherwise not required for font anti-aliasing, picture.datatype improvements etc.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »
I modify now my code endresi is the label at end of code.

Yeah, it looks good now.
but release soon is not important ?

Well for BlizKick support (for use as blizkick module) it is. The previous odd endskip causes troubles (read the previous post).

You told a simple resident structur for libraries is enough.But a library look diffrent to your example

Well, obviously because it is for a library. Such resident will work ok with BlizKick too, but obviously it should be used with libraries, not simple executed functions.

Offline bernd_afa

• Show only replies by bernd_afa
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 04:41:25 PM »
I release now new morelibspace in AFA Page
Hope this work better.

When use morelibspace in blitzkick morelibspace should remove from startup sequence i think.

>Finally, am I still required to use morelibspace if I am using Scalos, and do not have the 'icon_lib.exe' installed?

currently not when you dont need new iconlib.
But is better when you let run it too.If later maybe new layers library come or more from intuition library you need it and cant forget ;-)  

Offline CoolitTopic starter

• Show only replies by Coolit
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »
Success!

I can confirm that the new morelibspace is working perfectly with blizkick.

Here is the steps I took for anyone interested in running them together,

1. Extract the blizkick ready morelibspace from the AFA_OS site into your Workbench:Devs/Modules drawer.

2. Add "morelibspace" after the blizkick "MODULE" argument in your startup-sequence (I put it at the end, before QUIET)

3. If you already have C:morelibspace in your startup-sequence like bernd said, remove it as its not needed.

Thanks to Bernd and Piru for sorting this out :) off to play with my new icons now :lol:
[color=0066FF]The System:[/color][/u]

A1200/DBOX - B1260/SCSI/198MB Mediator/Voodoo5500/SB128/100NIC/SpiderII FAST ATA Mk3/SCSI Adapter/PC KEY - IDE DVD/SCSI CDRW/80GB IDE HDD/9GIG 10k SCSI HDD - 3.1 ROMS/OS 3.9 - Logitech KB + MX1000 Mouse

Offline jmbattle

• Show only replies by jmbattle
    • http://www.amigainabox.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2007, 10:55:15 PM »
Bernd,

>currently not when you dont need new iconlib.

But as I have already stated, I do not use the new iconlib, however the Amiga will not boot completely without the morelibspace command in the startup-sequence.

Kind regards,

James
x

Offline bernd_afa

• Show only replies by bernd_afa
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2007, 06:43:12 PM »
>however the Amiga will not boot completely without the >morelibspace command in the startup-sequence.

Thanks for release new aiab.I check and notice its problem when no morelibspace is used.

I think i should change all libs that it not work without it.its better to increase teh lib instead of having 2 libs woth same name on diffrent memory positions

Offline quenthal

• Show only replies by quenthal
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2007, 04:11:28 PM »

bernd_afa wrote:
I release now new morelibspace in AFA Page
Hope this work better.

When use morelibspace in blitzkick morelibspace should remove from startup sequence i think.

>Finally, am I still required to use morelibspace if I am using Scalos, and do not have the 'icon_lib.exe' installed?

currently not when you dont need new iconlib.
But is better when you let run it too.If later maybe new layers library come or more from intuition library you need it and cant forget ;-)  

Ok, next step is to change that icon_lib.exe and other AFAOS components so I can use them with my custom kickstart (either with blizkick or flashrom-card) replacing older libraries completely.. ;-)
A4000/CSPPC&060