Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: winUAE  (Read 5719 times)

Description:

Offline wholenutzTopic starter

• Show only replies by wholenutz
Re: winUAE
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 28, 2006, 11:23:27 PM »
hi, thankyou to everyone for all your help, i have got it working  :-D  and i live in sheffield so i dont think it was mine you bought, i sold mine to a couple of students, see it was such a mistake i can still picture the events perfectly, haha thanks again everyone

Offline Paradox

• Show only replies by Paradox
    • http://www.alien-tek.com
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 11:33:10 PM »
That the only thing about winuae you have to get kick.rom file and its illegal to just download of you havent got the same version chips yourself at home.

there is a program where you can download romfile of your amiga.

if you take the illegal route you can download it of any p2p sharing program.

its best to select aga a bit of extra ram an 020 +mmu..specify the rom file

select the adf file for brian the lion and put in floppy one

then goto misc and select onscreen leds

goto configurations type a name in and save it for loading again later.

also go on floppy emulation and put it faster as the games will load quicker

click on start and the game should run.

if you need to change a disk press f12  you can aslo run in windows mode by ctrl and f11 or alt f11

if the game dont work try loading the previously saved configuration dont put the disk in and start it without..you should get a purple boot screen with a disk going in a drive animation if so..then the adf file may not work or you have bad display settings or the game doesnt run on 3.1 romfile and you need 1.3 rom.

the game brian the lion should work on both 1.3 and 3.1 roms though..it a goos game  i liked it

you can talk to be on amiga.org irc channel if you reall wanna get this game working ill go through it steo by step with you

I have winue here now and i can do it whilst i tell you

cheers

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 01:49:53 AM »
@thread,

I read most of the threads on other sites about AF and the whining, cheap, immature PC users (people in those threads, not alx) that think just because the AmigaOS is over 20 years old now, it should be available for free.  I totally disagree with the statement that AF is not worth the price for the couple of games it includes.  It has a lot more to offer than that, specially for those that really appreciate the history of the Amiga and the few utilities, such as Amiga Explorer that make using a real Amiga with a PC, or emulated Amiga much easier.  I have no affiliation with Colanto, but greatly appreciate their work and products that they continue to support and offer.  They paid for their license and are entitled to make a profit off their investment.  I also don't know why they are blamed for AmigaOS not being released as freeware, as I am sure that can only be done by Amiga Inc.

If users don't think AF is worth the money, let them buy a real Amiga and transfer the ROM legally.

(Piracy very sore subject for me, can you tell?)
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 05:14:35 AM »
It'd be nice if the Kickstart ROM and Workbench software was officially made "abandonware", and/or licensed for use in a similar way to how Amstrad has done it with the ZX Spectrum ROMs...  

However, even if this was the case, I'd still advocate buying Amiga Forever (I have!) - it's a decent and well put together package, and the additional video material alone is worth it for historical interest value.

- Ali

Offline smoorke

• Show only replies by smoorke
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 10:00:41 AM »
anyone know where to get and what the latest version of the winuae.chm file is?

i currently use an older version wich doesn't haven all the new features described and also shows examples of the old gui layout

Offline pjhutch

• Amiga user and developer
    • Show only replies by pjhutch
    • http://www.pjhutchison.org
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 10:12:40 AM »
Why not post your Winuae log file. It can be enabled on the Misc tab in Winuae. The log file should appear in the program directory or All users/Documents/Amiga Files folder:
winuaebootlog.txt
winuaelog.txt