Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will the Amiga ever regain it's footing in games?  (Read 8295 times)

Description:

Offline game_fan

• Show all replies
Re: Will the Amiga ever regain it's footing in games?
« on: November 17, 2002, 10:32:01 AM »
Home computers (whether it be Mac, PC, Amiga, Linux Box) don`t have a great standing with video gaming at the moment.

I have worked at two computer stores for a longish period of time who stock and sales of new major title PC games were always very very poor compared to consoles, the majority of PC software sold was budget software and both stores had considered pulling out of the PC gaming market.

Consoles have taken over and sooner or later the line between computer and console will merge, for instance by the time the PS 3 comes out I wouldn`t be suprised if it offers Web Access, Some Kind of Office Suite and the few other applications that MOST home computer users use

If the Amiga was to succed as a games system again it would have to do something pretty special, as the PC gaming market is failing badly in the eyes of most retailers and another alternative is just not an option unless :-
A) The price of the system was cheap.
B) Original Games
C) Big Title Software Support.
D) Lots of buyers for the system.

I`d love for the Amiga to be a huge gaming system, but in the modern day world consoles are much much more popular and much more reliable and easy to use for gamers.

The Amiga was good as it could be programmed like a console (only having to support one set of chips) thats why it was huge.