Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aphrodite - Overdrive  (Read 1854 times)

Description:

Aphrodite - Overdrive
« on: February 27, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »
Very, very good CD!

I enjoyed it anyway.

Especially track 12.

Aphrodite & Beverley Knight – Sometimes (Original Vocal Mix)

-edit

Here that track in full here (Needs registration)
http://www.acidplanet.com/contests/aphrodite/

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
Re: Aphrodite - Overdrive
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 02:15:06 AM »
Didn't Aphrodite and Coldcut make their songs on an A1200?

I seem to remember a few free tracks on an Amiga Format CD once. One of them was a Drum 'N Bass with the lyrics "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled..."

I also remember seeing a world music video on MTV about 10yrs ago with rainforests, tribal chanting, chainsaws and jumping monkeys. I believe it was either Aphrodite or Coldcut that did that tune.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 12:45:18 PM »

Hyperspeed wrote:

I seem to remember a few free tracks on an Amiga Format CD once. One of them was a Drum 'N Bass with the lyrics "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled..."

I also remember seeing a world music video on MTV about 10yrs ago with rainforests, tribal chanting, chainsaws and jumping monkeys. I believe it was either Aphrodite or Coldcut that did that tune.

The Monkeys and stuff was Coldcut, and I beleieve was done with Acorn Archimedies machines.  The Top Bana game for instance was.  Don't quote me on that though.

Aphrodite was one 3rd of Urban Shakedown along with the DnB legend Mickey Finn, and the bloke who now does techno/trance stuff as Terra Ferma I think.

They had an interview in AF once, when they releasd Some Justice, which they made on two A500's using MED IIRC.

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 07:50:49 PM »

Hyperspeed wrote:

Damn, you know you are getting old, when you remember back when MTV used to play music videos.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 08:41:03 PM »
MTV?

What's that? ;-)

Offline Hyperspeed

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 09:09:44 PM »
Don't MTV do music vids anymore? I might have seen VH-1 but I thought that was rock.

Could've been M2 if that existed then.

Does anyone know anything about the TB303 or Moog Prodigy here? I remember playing with a TB303 emulator off an Amiga Format CD once and all it did was make oingy-boingy noises with some 1950's style dials.

:-D

Also, would the old theory that the Atari ST was better for music still hold true? Built in MIDI surely can't top Octamed Soundstudio?

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 10:16:43 PM »

Does anyone know anything about the TB303 or Moog Prodigy here? I remember playing with a TB303 emulator off an Amiga Format CD once and all it did was make oingy-boingy noises with some 1950's style dials.

"All it did"!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Die infidel, die for your blasphemy!!!! :-o

Offline Hyperspeed

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 01:16:11 AM »
Yeah but it was a limited demo so you couldn't do anything too exciting.

I only loaded it now and then because it had a small exit animation with some guy shouting "Alright, get out...   break your bloody neck!".

Shame Octamed defected to the PC like Lightwave.