Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Disk Imaging for Amiga/PPC  (Read 826 times)

Description:

Offline newbeeTopic starter

• Show only replies by newbee
Disk Imaging for Amiga/PPC
« on: April 11, 2003, 03:32:46 AM »
Team

Help.

I am the worlds best OS killer and am getting both a Pegasos and a AmigaOne soon (Peg ordered latter and being delivered first... go figure).

As I intend to do some serious lowlevel hacking around with the OS's, I was wondering if there is software which will allow me to take "Disk Images" for fast restore WHEN I break something.

To put it in context. On my "WinTel" box I use Symantec GHOST software and it is brilliant.

Is there PPC based software that con do the same thing??? I can run MAC OS undel MOL (Mac on Linux)  if required if the only software is for Macintosh...

Regards
Darren

I\\\'ve never used an Amiga

Convince me....

I am your future :-)

*** News Flash ***
I am now a happy user of UAE, you can now call me \\"convert\\"

Offline sdesros

• Show only replies by sdesros
    • http://www.501st.ca/
Re: Disk Imaging for Amiga/PPC
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 03:44:57 AM »
I don't have my Peg system yet, but from what I read, you install MOS by copying the CD's content to the harddrive and set the BIOS to boot from the harddrive.

So, it seems to me that it should be possible to simply copy the content on your boot partition onto a safe spot (compressed onto another partition? copied on a CD-r) and restore it by simply copying it back.

Agreeably it's not on the same level of sophistication. ;)

As for an actual program, I'll let someone with more knowledge get back to you on that one. ;)

Steph

Offline newbeeTopic starter

• Show only replies by newbee
Re: Disk Imaging for Amiga/PPC
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 04:20:35 AM »
Hmm...

This does seem a simple and elegant option for MOS.

I am a bit of a hacker though and will want to do the same for several strange and new OS's.

A disk image option is still of interest. However I think you have given me an idea on how to recover my MOS install WHEN I manage to break it ;-)

Regards
Darren
I\\\'ve never used an Amiga

Convince me....

I am your future :-)

*** News Flash ***
I am now a happy user of UAE, you can now call me \\"convert\\"