Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A word about the content here at Amiga.org  (Read 144539 times)

Description:

Offline artman

• Show only replies by artman
Re: A word about the content here at Amiga.org
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2002, 08:08:11 AM »
My kinda person!  Being not so subtle is a virtue more people should have.  At least you know where that person's coming from.  More of us need to experience what we need to hear, not what we want to hear.   Way to go Wayne.

Offline cyka_delik

• Show only replies by cyka_delik
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2002, 08:10:09 AM »
In the last 2/3 years i have had a few people tell me what they think of the Amiga. They are be wrong and always will be.

[ Edited by cyka_delik on 2002/7/25 6:12:19 ]
It\\\'s the attack of the umper lumpers... run for your lives.

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2002, 06:22:21 AM »
I have only just joined Amiga.org and after only just finding the amiga scene wasn`t dead although my A500 died last year after being my faithful companion for so long.
 I fully support wayne and wherever possible will endevor to support and submit articles to wayne as regularly as possible.
 It would be a tragedy if we were to lose this forum as we have lost so many amiga users to other machines "How I miss the demo scene........."

"Use it Don`t Abuse It"

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2002, 12:10:12 PM »
Wayne ya been doin a good job i really like the fact that your not a biased zealot of any kind...you keep your opinons in the middle and i appreciate it....

Amiga's surely seen better days...

Offline zaph0d

• Show only replies by zaph0d
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2002, 12:57:21 PM »

Dagon wrote:
I send this evening a news item but I don`t see it posted in the news section, what happened. It was about a demoparty held in Poland. (also with Amigas of cource)

I would be interested in reading about this gathering in Poland. I always thought
the Amiga demo scene was cool. Programming cool music and graphics..

Dagon, perhaps you could post a link?

@wayne
I just want to say i appreciate your effort with this site. I've been getting back
to my Amiga roots and have been trying to find a cool Amiga "portal" and this
site fills that niche quite well!  I like how the site looks too. nice work!
However, the coolest part of Amiga.org is the Forums!  The folks here are
very helpful and conversation is interesting as well!
Thanks again for putting up this site!

peace! .:zaph0d:.

Offline strobe

• Show only replies by strobe
    • http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:7XQQZXN3cS4C:www.amiga.com/corporate/amigadepartypack.shtml
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2002, 12:17:24 AM »
My only request is to make the site less dependent on JavaScript, like posting a comment for a news item. There is clearly no reason for this.

Offline alphonsus

• Show only replies by alphonsus
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2002, 12:08:53 AM »
I only pitch in when I've got something useful to say. (Please ignore this post as a freak instance when the above is not true)
Saw the light in 1990, found WinUAE in 2003

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2002, 05:36:18 AM »
sounds far to me :-)
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2002, 06:10:06 AM »
Talk to the Xoops developers, you'll see a link to Xoops' site at the bottom of every page.
If Wayne customized the code in any way, he'd have to keep making the changes with every update. I use a different CMS. Trust me, it's a pain to do.

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2002, 12:48:19 AM »
Hmm, wouldn't mind seeing that GIF, could someone give the URL of it?

Offline Mike_Amiga

• Show only replies by Mike_Amiga
    • http://www.mp3.com.au/forefinger
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2002, 09:45:20 PM »

Nick wrote:
Wasn't me sir.

It was me!
AKA ED-209 on IRC...

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
Quote from: ;202
@Jetracer

I don't know you, per se, so I'll resist getting too deep here, except to say that there are a lot of things you don't really understand, yet are more than willing to speak about in an authoritative fashion.

Please understand that the following is *not* posted as a slam, I'm just very tired after a very long trip yesterday.  I just don't want to leave this hanging and forget about it...

I don't recall the situation you are speaking of, so I can't say whether it did, or did not happen specifically.

Considering the amount of effort which goes into this site, and the fact that it regularly threatens the rest of my life, I reserve the right to overreact.  As do we all.

As far as me being too sensitive, people can think any thing they want about me, and for the most part, I don't care.  What I do care about and will address where I see it, is people either being completely wrong (and authoritative about it) or making #### up about me just to make themselves feel better.  For the most part, outside of the basic human need for acceptance, people's opinions of me are irrelevant.  I reserve the right to defend myself when people start making #### up, as would you, if I started making wild claims about you.

For example, the idea that I censor things at Amiga.org.  Where I don't absolutely have to for reasons of continuity (or cleaning up profanity), I don't care what is said on this site.  Want to trash AI?  Go ahead.  Want to trash MOS?  Go ahead.  

Free speech is welcomed here.  Responsibility is required however.  If you feel strongly enough to say something, be "man enough" to stand up and take responsibility for saying it.  Also be adult enough in what you say to keep from intentionally insulting others.  Everyone has an opinion and they are all welcomed here.  The other people here make up their own minds as to the level of your stupidity in a post.

Some people say that I censor news posted here, and for the most part, that's simply rediculous.  I have stated on about a thousand threads (this one included) that I don't have time to scavenge news any more, so I'm not the one posting any of it.  In the past few weeks, Skippy has been posting more news than anyone, including our staff.

The exception to the rule of censoring news being that we do not post news items whose only intention is to elicit flames, to upset people, and to splinter the already suffering community even more.  I could not care less what the subject is, ranging from MOS to AOS, to DE, to Shawn.  Some things are news, some things simply are not.  I will not allow this site to degenerate to the level of other sites.

As I said, if you have news, post it.  If you don't, don't bitch and whine about it not being posted.  "pitch in, or piss off".  ;-)

I do, out of necessity.  When I do, the site almost becomes stagnant.  For some reason, people like knowing I'm around.

You truly have no idea how much work goes into this do you...?

Thanks very much solely to them volunteering, Amiga.org does have a staff, and I trust them to do whatever's necessary to keep the integrity of the site.  They have all the access they need to squash fights, brawls, and anything else.

I've never gone on "holiday" as you put it.  As the staff knows, I had family issues that I had to deal with.  I still do, but in the mean time, life goes on.

[ Edited by Wayne on 2002/6/30 14:02:05 ]

Very interesting thread this, seems back when Wayne was in charge attitudes as to what you could and couldn't say here were very different from what you can and can't say today... :)

Offline Tension

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2010, 01:45:33 PM »
Quote from: Franko;595534
Very interesting thread this, seems back when Wayne was in charge attitudes as to what you could and couldn't say here were very different from what you can and can't say today... :)

Very true.

If this was a UK site things would be very different.

Maybe you should make one Franko?

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2010, 01:55:25 PM »
Is this a record thread necro for AO?

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2010, 02:01:25 PM »
Oh goody, thread necromancy...

This is just before the exodus. Things were just warming up here, over on Ann.lu things were downright toasty and the bunny had flipped the fuck out.

8 Years is a very long time.
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #59 from previous page: November 30, 2010, 02:02:05 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;595538
Is this a record thread necro for AO?

If it isn't it's certainly in the top 10.
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]