Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interest in a Demoscene Party in the UK?  (Read 3765 times)

Description:

Offline a1200Topic starter

Interest in a Demoscene Party in the UK?
« on: December 28, 2005, 03:03:06 AM »
Also posted on aw.net (wanted to get this out to a wide Amiga audience):

I was just wondering how the Amiga/PC/Mac/8bit users on here would welcome a demoscene party here in the UK? Something like the Gathering or Assembly. There was one in 2005 in Devon called Sundown, but Devon is not a very central location, and I don't think it was particularly well marketed.

If there is some interest, perhaps I could get the big bash team to consider opening tickets on the basis of a full refund if the numbers don't appear.

So, let us know if there is interest and what disciplines (platforms/languages etc) you would want to participate in.

For those of you not convinced look at some of the galleries of the bigger shows. and tell me you would not like to be a part of something like that:

The Gathering 2005
Assembly '05

If you are not a coder, perhaps you are a composer, or maybe we could have an unconventional hardware mod compo or just come to spectate! Could even be integrated with BB?
Amiga A1200, 3.1 ROMs, Blizzard 1230 MKIV 128MB & FPU, 4GB DoM SSD, Workbench 3.1

Offline a1200Topic starter

Re: Interest in a Demoscene Party in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 12:33:25 AM »
Quite a bit of interest, I have spoke to 3cag members and they think that integrating Big Bash 4 with a demo contest will be the way to go. The next 3cag meeting is not too far away (a few weeks) I will try and attend that and report our ideas.

Oh for those who don't know, the organisers of Big Bash (UK Amiga shows) have a user group, see http://www.3cag.net
Amiga A1200, 3.1 ROMs, Blizzard 1230 MKIV 128MB & FPU, 4GB DoM SSD, Workbench 3.1