Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interest in a Demoscene Party in the UK?  (Read 3769 times)

Description:

Offline Lando

• Show all replies
    • https://bartechtv.com
Re: Interest in a Demoscene Party in the UK?
« on: December 29, 2005, 04:28:53 AM »
There used to be an annual demoscene party in the UK called DejaVu, which is going back quite a bit now - 4 or 5 years since the last one I think?  Anyway, DejaVu had low attendance and a handful of competition entries.  It was organised (iirc) by the ukscene.org guys - the domain is now dead but I think some of the organisers, barog and sulphur, still frequent cfxweb.net?

I only know of a handful of UK sceners and most of them are inactive.  UK demogroups? None active on the Amiga as far as I know - not since Nerve Axis fell silent 5 or so years go.  Well, there is Fearmoths I suppose.

I remember the list of voters for one of the diskmags a while back (Eurochart or Showtime?) had about 5 or 6 UK people from ~200 voters.  Poland, Russia, Germany seem to be the most active.

Bear in mind that Assembly and TG are quite overrun with LAN Gamers 'pwning n00bs' - the real sceners are a distant second.    A purely demoscene party is going to attract much less interest.  TRSAC and Spoletium for example.  Scene parties tend to be over 2 or 3 days so it would have to be a venue with facilities - ie showers, toilets, eating and sleeping space etc.